Creating nice certificates

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Creating nice certificates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    robwilcox
    Participant
    Hi   At the end of one of my courses I want people who get enough marks on the quiz to get a certificate. The background image (you know the bit with the fancy frills around the edge of the certificate and so on) is 1920 x 1372. So I've added that to the certificate as the background image.   In the body of the certificate I've got the stuff like:   'Certificate Student Name' and 'Certificate course'   Students get to the end of the course and does the quiz... up pops the certificate but it's tiny on the screen -> https://cl.ly/079e8b5e9401/Image%2525202018-10-04%252520at%2525204.37.47%252520pm.png I've tried some of the CSS customisations I saw in the Vibe themes demo: .mycustomcertificate .mycertificate_student_name{ position:absolute; text-align:center; top:210px; width:100%; }     But that appears to move the text to somewhere, somewhere off the screen!  How do I make the certificate the size of my background image?   Thanks Rob
    Diana
    Participant
    @robwilcox Everything can be done only when you are using the right custom CSS to make your certificate better. If you can share your site URL with admin credentials then I can check this on your site. P.S. Mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials
    robwilcox
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    robwilcox
    Participant
    Sent via private message, as requested.
    Diana
    Participant
    robwilcox
    Participant
    Ok
    Diana
    Participant
    robwilcox
    Participant
    Please use the course called:   Very simple test course     What size of image should be used?
    Diana
    Participant
    @robwilcox I have created a testing template on your site. Please check that The size should be what fits to the screen. We at our test setup uses, 800*650 But you can try 900*850 .
    robwilcox
    Participant
    When I got to the end of the course 'Very Simple Test Course', the following popped - up....   https://cl.ly/2393da3e57f7   Was it that course? Should I try a different browser? (This was Safari)
    robwilcox
    Participant
    I tried Microsoft Edge, and Chrome...  same results.   On Chrome it did look slightly different -> https://cl.ly/3751676782d6
    Diana
    Participant
    robwilcox
    Participant
    Sorry, what I meant was that I was trying different browsers to see if the certificate worked better, or worse in those.   And no, it's still the same.  Chrome gives the 'best view'.. but none of them are anywhere near what I would like to achieve.
    robwilcox
    Participant
    The link you referenced also suggests adding to the 'view profile' URL. Do you mean like this:   /members/rob-wilcox/?regenerate_certificate   I'm not sure where I'm going from here...  clearly the certificates for me aren't working, and I can't see a way forward to making them use the background image that I'd like, even if I resize it...  the text is still a mess on top.
    Diana
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating nice certificates’ is closed to new replies.