CSS link color per page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting CSS link color per page

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Charlielyn
    Participant
    My global settings for link coloring (all types) does not accommodate links I place on colored backgrounds. Can you provide me the CSS to customize them for just one page (I can enter the hexes I prefer) and tell me exactly where to place that code on the page editor? Thank you.
    Diana
    Participant
    @charlielyn Can you please share a screenshot where you want to exactly change the link color. So I can share the custom CSS for page specific styling
    Charlielyn
    Participant
    In reviewing my site, I see that I sometimes need different link colors on the same page... one for the links on light backgrounds, and one for the links on dark backgrounds. Can we find a way to do that? Here's a screenshot for one of such pages: http://prntscr.com/l7nvuj
    Diana
    Participant
    @charlielyn Can you please share your admin credentials and course URL so I can share the custom css here which will be site specific P.S. Mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials
    Charlielyn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    @charlielyn These are some pages. So it's better to add a custom class to those links when you are adding the contents to those pages. So you can easily apply the custom CSS on that links and it will only affect where you have added that class. Do you want me to show how it can be done?  
    Charlielyn
    Participant
    Got it. I will need to expand the link code on each link. Yes, give me code per link.
    Diana
    Participant
    @charlielyn The credentials you have shared here is of instructor credentials. I cannot edit these pages. I need admin credentials only then I can show you how to fix this issue
    Charlielyn
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    @charlielyn Paste this custom CSS in wp-admin > Appearance > Customize > Custom CSS .page-template-default .wpb_content_element a {background:#f4524d;} This will change the background of the links on the pages. For dark background link color I have only seen the links of dark  background in footer area which you can customize from wp-admin > Appearance >  Customize > Footer  
    Charlielyn
    Participant
    This code is not what I requested. I did not request to change the background beneath links. "In reviewing my site, I see that I sometimes need different link colors on the same page... one for the links on light backgrounds, and one for the links on dark backgrounds."<b></b><i></i><u></u><span style="text-decoration: line-through;"></span><b></b><i></i><u></u><span style="text-decoration: line-through;"></span> http://852.c93.myftpupload.com I want to change the link color itself for the links within the standard light background. I need them to be dark. Other links are on dark "button-type" elements positioned within the body (not on the footer). I need them to be light. I understand you may need to be creative, but a highlight beneath both types of links is unattractive and stands out too much. Appreciate your expertise.      
    Diana
    Participant
    @charlielyn You want this to be automatic. but in wplms we are using a WYSIWYG editor which is a part of WordPress. We are using that same editor. So you can check any custom code or any plugin which can provide this functionality in the editor itself.
    Charlielyn
    Participant
    I don't understand what you are speaking of. What I want is custom CSS or html code I can use to employ an alternative link coloring set on particular links (the ones on dark backgrounds).  Is that possible? How? Thank you.
    Diana
    Participant
    @charlielyn Okay, I am explaining you again.. we are using a WYSIWYG editor which is a part of WordPress. The editor which you can see when you are editing the course in the backend or in the frontend. Refer: http://prntscr.com/lbs7x0   In your above reply this is what you want: "I want to change the link color itself for the links within the standard light background. I need them to be dark" This is what I am explaining to you that this cannot be done automatically. You have to edit the link in the text mode and add any custom class on that link. Then you can apply custom CSS using that class. You want this to be automatic which is not possible because this is not our feature.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘CSS link color per page’ is closed to new replies.