CSS not loading properly in Course Description Page

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues CSS not loading properly in Course Description Page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi, I have created a course, and have found that the course description page is not loading properly. The title and text on the main part of the screen is unreadable. What could be causing this?
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi Diana, thanks for that. That fixed up the h1 heading. The rest of the page still needs fixing, though. Do you think it would be included in an update soon? Thanks
    Diana
    Participant
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Diana
    Participant
    Dear user, I never faced such thing, not even I received a query from someone. you are the first one who posted about this. We need to check first when it is working and in which case, it stops working only then we can find a proper solution
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi Diana, I haven't noticed any definite pattern with it. All I can say is that almost always, it doesn't work. For the rare time that it does work, it is usually if I have only just logged into the site and opened up a course description page for the first time, or something like this. Or it could be if I open up a new browser to use (in a similar way) There is at least one small consistent difference between Chrome and Edge browsers, where the button text is a different color: https://prnt.sc/vnl0jj I'm not sure if this helps at all? Other than that, I have no ideas. To write these messages for you, and to create the screenshots of a page that works, I have had to just keep opening up the page from different places - from the course directory, or from Manage Courses page - and just wait to catch one that worked. What are the other options? Can software be reinstalled? I would like to keep settings and API details from the plugins, as well as the small amount that I've already created in courses section (They all have a lot of little details to take care of). I'm also just thinking about changes that we've made here, that are not standard with the theme and the related plugins. The only one I can think of is the "Create New Article" button from the Wiki plugin. The button was not showing, and someone here pointed out that the code had been changed which stopped the button from being created. It's at this link: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/vibe-bp-knowledge-base/ I thought this was very strange, since I have not experimented with the code at all. In fact, the plugin worked without a button from the time it was installed (actually, both times that it was installed). I'm just wondering if there is something similar happening here with the theme, in terms of having had code that has not installed properly, or has changed for some strange reason.
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    I went through the plugins list just now, and slowly deactivated a number of plugins. I noticed that after some changes, the page tended to load properly more often while I was activating and deactivating the plugins. Unfortunately, it would usually reload without CSS if I reloaded or tried to open up a different course description page. Also, there were a few plugins that needed updating. After I updated them, the page loaded properly. Any successive reloading of the page usually showed the page without CSS. I don't know if this helps you at all.
    Diana
    Participant
    Keeping theme related plugins activated(which is compatible with v4), deactivate all other plugins and check if the CSS is loading properly or not make sure your theme version should be 4.095.2 vibebp and wplms_plugin - 1.4.8 If still you face any issue, I will check on my setup and if replicated. Will mark this as a bug
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    Hi Diana, Yes, that is what I did - for all the plugins that were not essential to having the site functional - I think there were only about 4 plugins left - Elementor, WPLMS, Buddypress, VibeBP. I deactivated the others one by one, checking the page loading after each one. If you could mark it as a bug that would be great. Also, just as a side-note, I previously was avoiding plugins that were not related to the theme. The only ones I had installed were TotalPoll Pro, and Jetpack (and a couple of others - Askimet and Nginx-Helper which have both remained deactivated) Thanks Diana!
    Diana
    Participant
    Okay, thanks for your efforts :) I am Noting it down
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    I'm curious about what you found - were you able to replicate it?
    Diana
    Participant
    When I checked on my setup, it was showing like this: http://somup.com/cYXvXJ2hPj NOt facing any issue and I have everything updated. Might be possible the CSS loading takes time at your end Because I asked my colleagues as well to check the same and they are also getting similar results as mine
    DrewNiemeyer
    Participant
    I see your video is on your own page. It might have been something specific on my own page. I had previously noticed that there were multiple copies of the course cards and layouts in VibeBP, and I have just gone through them and deleted the duplicates. The course pages seem to be loading much better now - not perfect, though - but I was wondering if this may have had some sort of impact. I can't imagine why, but I thought it may be worth mentioning. There have been quite a lot of things that were duplicated in the original setup of WPLMS (there were quite a few duplicated pages, and other things), and every so often, when I find them, I delete them.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘CSS not loading properly in Course Description Page’ is closed to new replies.