Custom Featured Block style

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Custom Featured Block style

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello, I followed your guide here -https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/change-the-course-block-in-course-category-pages/
    • https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/creating-custom-featured-block-style/
      I did this in the old version 1.9 and everything worked well. But with the upgrade to 2.0 I see two files: customizer_class.php and customizer_class2.php   Where should I add the custom code to create custom block style?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    There should be only one customizer_class.php file and this file is only included in the wplms customizer plugin. Wplms customizer plugin is never updated.
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello, I downloaded the wplms package directly from ThemeForest and this is what I find in wplms-customizer plugins folder http://prntscr.com/9yizwz
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I don't know how it came, but if you are getting two files then delete "customizer_class2.php" file and keep only "customizer_class.php" file.
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Thank you very much Minister. I added the code to create a custom block style but I get an error http://prntscr.com/9ytahv how do I fix?
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello, Please can you help me solve this problem?   in wplms 1.9.9 custom course block worked well but with 2.0 I have an error message
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    There was no such error when i tried to apply that tip . can you please sahre you wp-admin credentials and site url to check this ? PS : mark reply as private while sharing the credentials .
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello Alex,thanks for your answer.   Site: http://lifelearning.it/dev user: Alex_VT Password:! TXTG! GlTEj4zZkDnVITxzbk
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello Alex, I managed to solve. I think it was a problem with the wplms customizer plugin file. I recovered the plugin from a backup and now works well. Thanks anyway
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello Alex sorry if still disorder. I think there is some problem with the plugin wplms customizer. As I said before restoring this plugin from an old backup (the wplms version 1.9.9) customization of the course work well block. I also noticed that back to work the shortcode that I mentioned here The only problem is that it does not work now the admin key in the course page on the front end.   In addition, I looked at the files in the plugin wplms customizer and I noticed that there is a difference between those of wplms package 1.9.9 (currently installed on my online site) and those of the 2.0.2 downloaded from Themeforest and I have installed a test site for testing before upgrading. Maybe several problems can result from this difference? Can you help me understand how I can make it all work? Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please share your old wplms-customizer plugin so that we can check the both the latest and old wplms customizer plugin ?
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello Alex, currently I managed to solve most of my problems.   I try to explain: I have two sites with wplms, the first is online with the 1.9.9 version and any customizations you've made over time. The second is a test site, this is in version 2.0.2. I was not able to update theme and plugin with wp-admin panel so I decided to use ftp and I loaded everything. I found some problems and discovered that wplms-customizer plugins had differences in the files it contained. I share with you my old version of the plugin (the same one that is currently online on my website). I managed to run the customization of the course block style and even the profile menu buttons, because if I was using the old version of the plugin then curriculum links, members, admin etc were not working. The only thing that I still can not solve is the shortcode [heading] in the course description, it works if I install the old version of wplms-customizer.   I hope I explained myself.
    deadelfujiama
    Spectator
    Hello Alex, I'm sorry if you still disturbance on this topic. Today I noticed that the code I added to create a custom block style only works after you have logged in, if you are not logged in the block does not take the customizations that I added. Why does this happen? can you help me?   The code that I added in costumizer-class.php is:   add_filter('vibe_builder_thumb_styles',array($this,'custom_vibe_builder_thumb_styles')); add_filter('vibe_featured_thumbnail_style',array($this,'custom_vibe_featured_thumbnail_style'),10,3);   function custom_vibe_builder_thumb_styles($thumb_array){ $thumb_array['modern1']= 'http://xyz.com/custom_thumbnail_image.png'; return $thumb_array; }   function custom_vibe_featured_thumbnail_style($thumbnail_html,$post,$style){   if($style == 'modern1'){   $thumbnail_html =''; $thumbnail_html .= '<div class="block modern_course"  data-id="'.$post->ID.'">'; $thumbnail_html .= '<div class="block_media">'; $thumbnail_html .= 'ID).'">'.featured_component($post->ID,'medium').''; $thumbnail_html .= '</div>'; $thumbnail_html .= '<div class="block_content">'; $thumbnail_html .= '<h4 class="block_title">ID).'" title="'.$post->post_title.'">'.$post->post_title.'</h4>'; $thumbnail_html .= '<div class="course_price">'.bp_course_get_course_credits().'</div>'; $thumbnail_html .= 'post_author).'" class="modern_course_instructor" title="'.sprintf(__('Course Author %s','wplms_modern'),bp_core_get_user_displayname($post->post_author )).'">'. bp_core_fetch_avatar(array( 'item_id' => $post->post_author, 'type' => 'thumb', 'width' => 64, 'height' => 64)).'';   $thumbnail_html .= '<div class="course_meta">'; $reviews = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(),'average_rating',true); $students = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(),'vibe_students',true); $thumbnail_html .='<span class="dashicons dashicons-groups">'.$students.'</span> '; $thumbnail_html .='<div class="modern-star-rating">'; for($i=1;$i<=5;$i++){ if($reviews >= 1){ $thumbnail_html .= '<span class="dashicons dashicons-star-filled"></span>'; }elseif(($reviews < 1 ) && ($reviews >= 0.4 ) ){ $thumbnail_html .= '<span class="dashicons dashicons-star-half"></span>'; }else{ $thumbnail_html .= '<span class="dashicons dashicons-star-empty"></span>'; } $reviews--; } $thumbnail_html .= '</div></div>'; $thumbnail_html .= '</div></div>'; } return $thumbnail_html; }
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well i really was not able to replicate the issue . Please check if you are using  any server side cache for the logged in and logged out users or you are using any caching plugin in your site.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Featured Block style’ is closed to new replies.