Dashboard Configuration By Users NOT GOOD

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Dashboard Configuration By Users NOT GOOD

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    We are one of the earliest adopters of WPLMS and love the platform and constant improvement that has gone on over the years. One thing which is giving us a real worry is the fact that users can configure their dashboards locally. We have 1000's of users and we are sure after a trial run that this DIY dashboard config will cause LOTS of support calls which we do not want as users delete and move widgets around. In the old version (pre 4.0) we could design the dashboard layout and fix it so it could not be altered by the user. How can we prevent on a user dashboard the user being able to remove/ add widgets and prevent them being dragged around? I really cannot believe that WPLMS wanting to be an enterprize level LMS would make this change without an ability to remove the customization capability. Please help as this is stopping us going live a new version of our website.
    Diana
    Participant
    Users(Students), cannot add or remove widgets on their own. This can be done by only administrator, They can create different members area according to member type and assign different widgets according to that. But from Frontend users cannot do that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpF0nmF5GqI No idea which tutorial you saw, due to which you are asking this https://docs.wplms.io/instructor-guide/customize-dashboard
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Ok GUYS I can promise you are wrong. Please see https://vimeo.com/534065497 The user is an instructor. The same applies to Students. Anyone it seems can click and drag and drop and delete widgets. We must be able to stop this behavour to go live with our new website.
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    Yes, replicated at my end as well with the updated version I though you were saying that they can manage from Appearance > customize But yes, this is a bug and thanks for reporting Create a trello for this: https://trello.com/c/gviHMUKm/2787-issue-students-as-well-as-instructors-able-to-delete-widgets-from-dashboard-this-should-not-happen
    silverchair
    Spectator
    Hi SuperKev , thanks you very very much that you found out this behavior, I'm going to Launch next week, then I see this thread, I'm sure all of us will have to wait the next update before going to live or launch...
    Veronica
    hi in the Trello card we have added labels http://prntscr.com/1180avw these labels indicate that the issue is urgent so it will be resolved asap appreciate your patience.
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    This is so appreciated. We have a 3 man test team working over the latest version more bugs to report but as far as I can see not much fix on your part before its a solid LMS. Please update this thread when latest version released. Ow by the way when is the next update planned. Right now, it is in issue log(Trello Card). So whenever we release new update you can check if this card is updated or not,w hether it is in "Development Complete" section or not So you will get an idea, in the coming update if this bug is fixed or not
    Diana
    Participant
    We release updates after fixing 10-15 bugs at a time. So that, whenever users update, they will have the more stable version In two weeks I guess
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Ok that fantastic. In a way its no surprise that we have bugs. WPLMS functionaly is an amazing LMS compared to competiting systems and takes Wordpress to the limits. Thanks for listening to users. Keep this bug open so we can retest.
    Diana
    Participant
    Thanks for pointing out :)
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    We cannot go live with this bug. When will the next release happen.
    Diana
    Participant
    This feature which allows students and instructors to add or remove the widgets from their own dashboard is actually called as personalized dashboard So I tested today, in two different windows as Student A and Student B In the main window I was logged in as Student A and in the incognito one, I was logged in as Student B So, I removed 1 widget from Student A, But when I checked the incognito window for student B. The widget was not removed from his dashboard Please try in the same way, and do let me know Previously, I didn't cleared the cache due to which the issue was replicated. But actually the cache should be cleared if we are checking in the same window
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    You fundamentally not getting it. We are one of the early adopters of WPLMS and understand the system better than most. We get the "personalized dashboard" capability. The thing is as another customer has pointed out on this thread we cannot go live with this feature. We will get tons of support calls when they mess up the personalization and furthermore if everyone's dashboard is different (due to personalization) and key widgets might be missing or in the wrong place its hell for us to support this when students have issues. I am annoyed that you seemed to see this earlier and we were making progress and is going to be in the next update only to find we are back to square one in your last comment. Please stick to what you agreed and give us the option to set via the backend default students' dashboard widgets and disabale personalization. I get the idea of personalization but its ill-considered for enterprise users of WPLMS.
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Dashboard Configuration By Users NOT GOOD’ is closed to new replies.