‘Different Menu by Member Types’ & ‘Default Member’ collision?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting ‘Different Menu by Member Types’ & ‘Default Member’ collision?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gbac
    Participant
    Hello, I don't know if it is the expected behavior but when I select the 'Different Menu by Member Types' option, in the path VibeBP > Buddypress > General Settings and save the changes, the option that I have selected in 'Default Member' in the path VibeBP > Buddypress > Members. Any idea why it happens? Thanks
    gbac
    Participant
    I found this post dealing with the same problem: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/vibebp-menu-changed/page/2/ And to cut it short, is it possible to have the 'Different Menu by Member Types' option checked at the same time as selecting a member type in the 'Default Member' option? thanks
    Veronica
    hi @gbac can be you more specific about this: the option that I have selected in ‘Default Member’ in the path VibeBP > Buddypress > Members. Any idea why it happens? you can share a video so we can replicate this on our local as well
    gbac
    Participant
    Hello, as I indicated in the previous post, you can see the same problem in the video of the post already discussed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZDzPW3bfgE2ZZtyWu4kMJJZIHrPfStz9/view?usp=sharing It's enough? Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok as we saw in the video enabling the different menu for different menber types reset the default member type option . We have not shifted this setting to buddypress -> general tab instead of members sub menu there . This fixed the issue of setting getting reset . Also we are also adding the default member type in the vibebp registration form which appears in login popup .
    gbac
    Participant
    Ok as we saw in the video enabling the different menu for different menber types reset the default member type option. It happens that it is also reset in reverse, when you select the default member option, the entire general configuration tab is reset, including for example the Accessibility settings. We have not changed this setting to buddypress -> general tab instead the members submenu there. This fixed the issue of settings restarting. Excuse me, but I don't quite understand what you mean... I still need both options, select 'Different Menu For Instructors' and assign the 'Default Member' We are also adding the default member type in the vibebp registration form that appears in the login popup. That's great, but it doesn't solve my problem, since almost all users will create their account from the woocommerce purchase and not from the LMS. Any forecast of when the reset problem can be solved? Thank you and regards
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    YEs those option will be there for sure but only default member type is shifted and it will work as previously . Well there are couple of more fixes to be made will release it in a day or two.
    gbac
    Participant
    Checked and working! Thank you
    Veronica
    thanks for your confirmation
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘‘Different Menu by Member Types’ & ‘Default Member’ collision?’ is closed to new replies.