Discussion box

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ljdl
    Participant
    I'm really struggling with getting the assignment pages to do what I want, so I've decided I'll just use the comments section to get children to get their assignments to me - they can just cut and paste text in. I have two questions: 1) Is there a way to change the default size of the comments box so it's a paragraph or two long, rather than just a few lines? 2) Is there a way for a child to attach a pdf or jpeg in the comments box?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The comments are wordpress default comments and it doesn't have these functionality. Can you please let me know how you want to use the assignments and its not working ? I can help you in using the assignments correctly.
    ljdl
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok, I understand your requirements. Question : Are you including assignments for Course evaluations ? The way I understand your query, I think it would be better if you use "forums" for course - units. Consider a scenario like this : There is a course : Children online writing workshop 7-10 is connected to a forum : Children online writing workshop 7-10 It has a unit : Day 1 - Writing Basics which is connected to a sub-forum : Day 1 - Writing Basics -- Each forum can have multiple topics, consider each topic as a submission from the student. Topics and replies can have upload forums and students can submit their assignments multiple times. -- If you want I can create a test scenario which you can test and avoid using the assignments totally. We can also re-label the notification for unit forums to assignments. Let me know if it would help.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    For enabling uploads feature in forums, you can use third party plugin gd bbpress attachments: https://wordpress.org/plugins/gd-bbpress-attachments/
    ljdl
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, I have done it on your website, please check. ---------------- I have created a course on your website : Test Course In this course I have connected a forum : Test Course Forum Then I created 3 units in this course and I have connected each unit with a forum which is the child form of the test course forum. I have named these forums as : Unit 1 Assignment, and so on. i.e. Unit 1 : Unit 1 Assignment (a child forum of test course forum) Unit 2 : Unit 2 Assignment (a child forum of test course forum) Unit 3 : Unit 3 Assignment (a child forum of test course forum) ------------ Now you can ask the question for the assignment in the unit which users/children can submit in the forum as a topic in it, you only need to change/translate the text to submit assignment, refer: http://prntscr.com/h5pouz You can change the text using loco translate plugin refer this tutorial: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/ So each forum is an assignment and inside it each topic is the submission of the assignment. Now you can reply in that topic and similarly to this forum for discussion with each child. --------------------- So the discussion about the course can be done in the course forum. And the discussion about each assignment for each student/child can be done in separate forum and separate topic. --------------------- So you can create different forums for each course and for each unit. For the upload functionality as I mentioned previously you can use the gd bbpress attachments plugin. -------------- Let me know if this helps.
    ljdl
    Participant
    Thanks HK! Just tested it and this looks promising! I'll do all the things you suggested and see how we go. Quick question: Given that we want to push children to the forums, is there some way to get rid of the Wordpress generated comments boxes underneath each exercise so all they see is the forum link?  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes you can edit the units in the backend and go to the comments section and disable the comments in the unit.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Discussion box’ is closed to new replies.