Display Blog Author Name, Category and Post Date

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Display Blog Author Name, Category and Post Date

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ajacks
    Participant
    Hi, 1) How do I display blog author name, profile picture, post date and category below the Title on the single post page and again the default box below the article... 2) Also, need to automatically display the Author Information below the single blog post, currently I have to manually do it in the back end... can't this be done automatically? But the default wordpress author blog does not display WPLMS Description as shown across the WPLMS platform There is a part solution for point 2 -> I tried using the Instructor Widget where I can display the author details but it also then displays on Category Pages where there is no single author... if it can be automatically hide on Category level pages... then that is the easiest solution... please share a solution thanks  
    Mk
    You can set it while creating blogs/posts. You can also change it by editing posts. Go to wp-admin-> posts-> select post -> and enable Show author information setting Refer: http://prntscr.com/of9tlz
    Mk
    And iF you want to do it for all posts. Use this code. Please add the Following code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :   add_action('init','show_author_query'); function show_author_query(){   global $wpdb;   $ids = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT ID from {$wpdb->posts} WHERE post_type='post'");   foreach($ids as $id){     update_post_meta($id->ID,'vibe_author','S');   } }   Then load any post edit page just one time. then remove the code after that.   This will set the settings to show the author information in all your posts. Caution: Above query can consume much server resources and there will be update query for all posts. Note: After this for each new post please enable the above setting to show author information.
    ajacks
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ajacks
    Participant
    ajacks
    Participant
    Hi MK, Please close this topic! Cheers
    Mk
    Just asking for confirmation, if everything resolved?
    ajacks
    Participant
    Mk
    Great job! I really feel great that you are also trying by yourself. Thanks for the confirmation. I am closing this topic.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Display Blog Author Name, Category and Post Date’ is closed to new replies.