Drip feed on specific times

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Drip feed on specific times

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    mischademuynck
    Participant
    Hi there, I want to do the following: new student subscribes on day 0 After subscription student gets direct acces to first part of course The next day (day 1) at 6 AM (or other specific time) there is access to part 2 The next day (dat 2) at 6 AM access to part 3 And so on. But every new subscriber will go through the same route. So student 1 subscribes on jan 1st. Will get 1st part on jan 1st. Will get part 2 on jan 2nd Student 2 subscribes on jan 17th. Will get part 1 on jan 17th and part 2 on jan 18th. Is this possible with drip feed? Regards
    Diana
    Participant
    @mischademuynck yes this is possible using drip feed. You have to enable section drip feed. Let's say you have 6 lessons in a course in which 3 lessons in one section and other 3 lessons in other section. If you have applied section based drip feed. You can access the next 3 lessons of other section after some time(if it is added after 1 day so you will access after 1 day) refer this tutorial:https://wplms.io/course/setting-up-drip-feed-courses/ Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHLAlEnGcts
    mischademuynck
    Participant
    Hi there, Thanks for your answer, but this does not work. Let me explain in detail with an example: person 1 subscribes on jan 1st at 17:00 (5 PM) person 2 subscribes on jan 3rd at 11:00  (11 AM) person 1 has to get the following at jan 1st @ 5 PM he gets section 1 at jan 2nd @ 6 AM he can access section 2 at jan 3rd @ 6 AM he can access section 3 Person 2 has to get the following at jan 3rd @ 11 AM he can access section 1 at jan 4th@ 6 AH he can access section 2 at jan 5th @ 6 AM he can access section 3 The access to section 1 is easy. With section drip I can give person 1 section 2 @ 5PM but not at 6AM. So the problem is for the following sections and the timing on that. The reason is the following: This is a ongoing course where people can subscribe at any given day and time. Section 1 is the introduction for the course. It is important they get the new section every morning so they can do their assignment during the day.  
    Diana
    Participant
    @mischademuynck Thanks for sharing an example. It is really helpful for us to understand your query According to your scenario, you can use the setting unit start date and time from wp-admin > LMS > Settings Then you have an option to add the date and time when a particular unit can be accessible Refer: http://prntscr.com/kfo0nh
    mischademuynck
    Participant
    No, this does not work. With your suggestion, the item is available on a specific date and time for everyone. What I want is each new subscriber gets a new trajectory.
    Diana
    Participant
    @mischademuynck You want: whenever a student access a section. the next section will be available to all the students on the same time. Do not put the unit time access which is a part of section 1. Add the unit time access for section 2 units. I guess this way you can achieve what you want
    mischademuynck
    Participant
    thanks for thinking with me. But this also does not work. If I set a unit access time, this unit is available for everyone. But I don't want a specific date, I want the subscription date +1 day Section 1 direct available Section 2 available on subscription date +1 day Section 3 available on subscription date +2 day The problem is with section 2: If I set a unit access date/time on jan first 2018, section 2 is available for everyone. I seems possible to give access to a unit or section on a given date, or after a specific time. But I want something different... I want to have unit or section (doesn't bother for me) available on a date/time that is 1 day after subscription. So if you subscribe on thursday august 9th @3PM. the first section/unit is available and the second is available friday august 10th @6AM, third is available saterday august 11th @6 AM Another student subscribes on monday @11 AM. First unit/section is direct available. Second unit on tuesday @6AM, third on wednesday @6AM The way the dripfeed works is at a given day or after a given time. That'll work for day 3, but not for day 2  
    Diana
    Participant
    @mischademuynck This is possible but it will be a customization. The customization cost would be $49 Let me know if you are interested. I want to ask a few things..
    1. this is section wise or unit wise. I mean if I can access the unit 1 today and on the next day I can access the unit 2 of that same section

2. The course time is the same for all courses or it is different for all the courses(I mean the access time which is 6 A.M.)

mischademuynck
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay that can be done , can you please tell if you have drip feed to be  set for next day at 6AM or this can vary to from next day to n number of days at 6AM?
    mischademuynck
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please also tell if you want this for all of your courses or want to enable  it in only some of your courses (in which we need to add a setting in course settings )  ?
    mischademuynck
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay requirements are finalized . Please provide us some time to build this for you .Only then make the payement  
    mischademuynck
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Drip feed on specific times’ is closed to new replies.