drip feed origin as starting point and batches – question

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches drip feed origin as starting point and batches – question

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    karanna
    Spectator
    I have a question regarding drip feed origin as starting point and batches: batches option "Enable Batch Start/End Date" doesn't override course starting point setting as i see. BUT, i have the following situation: i have a class that started on 30th of nov. The course is 4 years long. The course was set to begin on 30th of nov and setup with a batch that started also at 30th nov. Now...i want to be able to let other students enroll in the course, but those new students will get acces to all units till the unit available for the class that begun at 30th of nov and i do not want that , because right now they are 3-4 units ahead, but in time....the new students will pay for 4 units (30days acces) and they will actually have acces to many more units then they paid for... SO, i was wondering how can i make this work, with drip feed origin as starting point and batches addon and my question is: can you add a feature to the batches option "Enable Batch Start/End Date" to override course starting point setting  so that the students in batch will have drip feed origin point in the start date of the batch and the other students that are not in the batch to have their drip feed origin starting point at their own course buying date? Or can you give me other solution? Thank you Anca
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry this is not possible in wplms.
    karanna
    Spectator
    Yes, i know, but since you made a batches addon with start/end date setting, what purpose does this setting has if it does not setup the starting date of the class? Just for appearing in front description of the batch? And about drip feed origin as starting point, i erased the begining date of the course after a batch has started because i do not want other students to get acces to the course till the present day unit acces and now i don't undestand what the drip feed origin as starting point calculates, because all the students get messages that they can acces next unit in 2-3 weeks instead of few days as remaining from the 7 day drip feed as i setup and it is not calculating from the day they purchased the class....i don't understand what point of origin it has now. If you please at least can enlighten me  about that, if you do not want to address the issue?... Thank you anca bogdan
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    No, this setting overrides the start date of course i.e. if the course starts on 1st January but the student  is enrolled in the batch which has the start date of 10th January, then this student can only access the course from 10th January and not from 1st January. In the drip feed case also the batch start date overrides the course start date. For example in the above case the course starts on 1st January but the batch starts on 10th January, therefore in this case the drip feed will be applied from 10th January but only for the students who are enrolled in the batch, but the drip feed will be applied from 1st January for the students not enrolled in the batch but enrolled in the course. Hope I made myself clear here! Let me know what your use case is ?
    karanna
    Spectator
    Upss...but this is exactly how it doesn't work on my site....I have a course that started on 30th of november and for that course i had setup a batch that also started on 30th of november. After the course started, i erased the start course date from here: http://prnt.sc/dm9xm3 BUT the students are arealdy enrolled in the batch that still has 30th of november as starting date so i assumed the drip feed will still calculate from that day on. But, after i erased the starting date from the course page, the drip feed goes sideways......and is showing students that they can acces the next unit in 2-3 weeks instead of couple of days. I saw in the batch settings that the start / end date doesn't override the course settings. This is my batch settings: http://prnt.sc/dma18o So, please help. :) Thank you anca bogdan
    Kindly provide me the wp-admin credentials of your site. PS: Don't forget to mark your reply as private.  
    karanna
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials. I checked your website and debugged the issue and found it out to be an issue with the vibe course module plugin. I made changes in the plugin file and fixed the issue on your website. Please try check it with new course it will work fine now.
    karanna
    Spectator
    It works just fine! Thank you so much! I cannot even begin to say how much you helped me. :) Again, thank you. You rock! :))) Anca
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for confirming, so closing the topic.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘drip feed origin as starting point and batches – question’ is closed to new replies.