Drip feed settings to set access date

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Drip feed settings to set access date

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    MissMad
    Participant
    Hi! I'm not sure what happens with my website but some settings keep on changing without me doing anything in the courses' settings. For example: I had finally set my courses so that each quiz is preceded by a chapter with an access date. Now, all chapters are available disregarding the set access date, even though there's a timer saying the next chapter will be available in a certain amount of time. If students click on "Next chapter", thay have access to it. So my question is: what are the exact settings to put to have access to a chapter at a set date? For the moment, I have this:
    • Drip feed: activated
    • Drip feed type: start
    • Drip feed duration: static
    • Time between two elements: 1
    • Duration setting: minutes
    Note that I can't ignore the "Time between two elements" nor the "Duration setting". I'll try to change my settings but it would be very helpful to juts have the right settings for this. (I have already activated the access date for chapter in the back-office). The course I have been told - and checked - had this issue is: https://www.smart-me-up.com/course/communication-strategy-level-3-part-1/. The quiz chapter for the fourth section (Segmentation) shouldn't be accessible before tomorrow, there's the timer, but if I click on "Next chapter" I can access it. Thanks!
    logan
    Hello, Please let me know 2 things
    1. are you using custom nav plugin ??
    2. are you using course template??
    if using custom nav plugin then deactivate it and check again. it only interferes with the default values.
    MissMad
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan
    custom nav plugin sets the default options and overrides the course setting. if your plugin is deactivated then again set the drip feed for a test course for 1-minute check if it is working or not?? drip feed:
    1. https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/content-drip-feed-in-wplms/
    2. https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/section-drip-feed/
    MissMad
    Participant
    Well, plugin is deactivated, I've checked and the setting is good in the course settings but the chapter can still be accessed even though there's the timer. The "Communication Strategy level 3-part1" shouldn't allow access to "Quiz: Make it real!" but I can access it from a student's account. FYI: the custom nav plugin never actually worked as even though I had hidden many elements, they still appeared on the front-end course creation...
    logan
    hello, yes, it will be appearing because you must have been checking with an admin capability. if you are an admin then it will appear whether you have hidden it or not.
    for another issue please share admin URL and credentials also I will need the course URL.
    MissMad
    Participant
    logan
    MissMad
    Participant
    It still doesn't work: there's the timer but if you click on "Next chapter", you will be able to access it anyway. I understand it's normal for admins, but it's the case also for students.  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    MissMad
    Participant
    Ok. So if I understand well, I shouldn’t activate the drip feed and only keep the dates if I want students to access the quiz only at a given date?
    logan
    yes, either start date or drip feed.
    MissMad
    Participant
    Ok, I did just that: deactivate the drip feed, but still, the chapters are available before the date that's set. For example: in https://www.smart-me-up.com/course/communication-strategy-level-2-part-1/, the chapter "Quiz: Influence marketing and product placement" has a date set to October 24th and I can access it as a student.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we are sorry we forgot to tell you that the unit access date time settings only work when drip feed is enabled in the course . So in order to have the unit access date time in your course you would need to enable the drip feed in course as well. You can set drip feed of just 1 sec in order to use the unit access date time feature .
    MissMad
    Participant
    That's the setting I had! And there was the timer but the chapters were available by clicking on "Next chapter", even though a date was set...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • The topic ‘Drip feed settings to set access date’ is closed to new replies.