Embedding C++ Code Editor Widget in Course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Embedding C++ Code Editor Widget in Course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    mightyjova
    Spectator
    I'm trying to create a Course to teach C++. Using a widget from Sphere Engine to generate a simple C++ Code Editor. It needs an HTML block to work. Success in a Post page using Custom HTML block. However, I can get it to work in Course as there isn't a custom HTML in Unit Course Page. IFrame shortcode but no HTML to house the widget. Thoughts?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    a. Disable Ajax course loading in WP admin - LMS - Settings - Disable unit ajax b. Could be a CORS issue restricted by the browser, if a. does not work, share site credentials here.
    mightyjova
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This is definitely possible. In fact many of our users are using sphere engine. You can just embed it in any unit and use it
    mightyjova
    Spectator
    Can you give me tutorial on how? I tried, couldn't get a custom HTML block (like I did in Post).  I showed it to the SphereEngine folks and they gave me the message above. Would the <span style="color: #242729; font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">embedded </span>ACE Editor  work better? I'm not a developer, if I need to turn this over to one let me know. Thanks!
    Diana
    Participant
    Dear User, You forgot to share site URL
    mightyjova
    Spectator
    Diana
    Participant
    mightyjova
    Spectator
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I see that you have not embedded the sphere engine in any unit. Can you add it to a unit and share it with me.
    mightyjova
    Spectator
    Okay, Sorry if I'm not being clear. The Sphere Engine Widget is implemented this way. The question is how this is done in a Unit? This is the installation process from their site (SphereEngine): They Write:

Integrate the widget either as a standalone page or using the JavaScript SDK. Find out more in our documentation.

JavaScript SDK

Place the following snippet on your website, directly after thetag. Do it only once, regardless of how many widgets you want to put on the site.

<script>
    SEC_HTTPS = true;
    SEC_BASE = "compilers.widgets.sphere-engine.com";
    (function(d, s, id){ SEC = window.SEC || (window.SEC = []);
    var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
    if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
    js.src = (SEC_HTTPS ? "https" : "http") + "://" + SEC_BASE + "/static/sdk/sdk.js";
    fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
    }(document, "script", "sphere-engine-compilers-jssdk"));
    </script>

Place the following snippet on your website where you want the widget to appear. You can place more than one widget on your website.

<div class="sec-widget" data-widget="a905d0f37c2cea0f7714734edab48c0c"></div>

MrVibe
    Keymaster
    checking now.   p.s : This topic is not covered in item support policy as this is regarding a third party software. Ideally you should consult the third party vendor to help you out on this.   
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Can you just post this embed code in the TEXT/HTML section of the unit content editor ? and save it in TEXT mode only.
    mightyjova
    Spectator
    Okay,
    1. I did engage the third party. I included their notes above. MANY TIMES. I have given you their feedback throughout this engagement.

2. I've run out of time. I've lost the trial period for using the software. As I have less than a week before I have to provide these courses. I'll implement another solution outside of the LMS. You can close the thread.

Diana
    Participant
    Okay so closing this thread
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Embedding C++ Code Editor Widget in Course’ is closed to new replies.