Empty Course Category gives error

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Empty Course Category gives error

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mongrelgear
    Spectator
    Hi Guys, We have a situation where we have Vive Grib displaying a list of courses in a category.  However when the category is empty, we get an error "<span style="color: #222222; font-family: Varela; font-size: 14px; font-weight: 600; text-align: center; background-color: #d6c72d;">No Posts Id's found in given Custom Post Type. ..</span>more.." It's in a big stripe across the page.  :(   Is there a way we can just display blank space?  We often have course categories that will be empty.  As our courses are short courses, they come and go a lot.   Cheers John
    maximus
    This reply has been marked as private.
    mongrelgear
    Spectator
    Just visit this page. I can't give you access without an approval, but if you scroll down you will see what I mean.   http://fpvlearning.wpengine.com/repl-courses/    
    maximus
    mongrelgear
    Spectator
    OK - I will try and get a video.  But it's quite simple. I am using a Vibe Grid that displays courses in a Category.  When the category does not have any courses in it, that's the error you get - like you see on that link I provided.  If I put a course in the category - it will display the course.  :)   Where would you like me to upload the video though?
    logan
    Hello, we do not need any video for this. as you stated above, it only gives an error message when it does not fetch anything from the database. to make it work, you have to put some value into it only when the query will execute and get back some response from the database according to the inputs. the question is: why are you leaving the fields blank if you do not want to show anything, do not use this widget. Note: a wrong input always creates an error message so that the user can guess the problem.
    mhhmad
    Participant
    you must put in Taxonomy : course-cat and Taxonomy Term : (Put Your course-category) and it will work
    maximus
    @mhhmad You can make your own topic for your issue. We will fix your issue on your topic.
    maximus
    mongrelgear
    Spectator
    Ok thanks - Do you know when that might be?   Cheers John
    Mk
    Sorry, but we can't promise about time . we are trying our best to make it soon. So please give us some time. Thank you.
    mongrelgear
    Spectator
    Hi Guys, Any update on this....  This is a bit of a pain for us.  :(  We want to go live, but this is the only thing holding us back.   Thanks John
    maximus
    mongrelgear
    Spectator
    Hi Guys, I can't give you admin privileges!!  My company policy will not let this happen.  Plus, I am not sure why you need it!  I have simply tried to list the category.  No custom code etc! And as you can see the ones above are displaying fine. If the course category does not have any courses assigned, that's the error we get. We really need this fixed.
    Ava
    Hi Mongrelgear So I have checked the issue you are having with the empty widget and what you want is just simply hide the error message which is right now showing on that page, if I am not wrong !! First of all, this is not a bug, it is customized in a way that if any widget left empty it will show an error message as it let us know that there is no data present, and we need to add some. But here, you want that widget but you do not want that message to be seen. To do so, please paste the below custom css code Wp-admin > Appearance > Customization > Custom Css > publish .page-template-right-sidebar-page.logged-out .alert.alert-block {display:none;}   Hope it will resolve your issue now !!! If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Empty Course Category gives error’ is closed to new replies.