Enable One session per user not working for social login

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Enable One session per user not working for social login

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    learner4life
    Participant
    Original Post: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/enable-one-session-per-usernot-working-for-social-login/ I reported it almost two months ago and so far have not seen any mention of this bug fix in any of the update/change logs. So has it been fixed or not? I ask because as per your trello, the Yoast SEO compatibility was also supposed to work but it didn't. PS: It will be useful if before moving previous forum topics to issue log (which can't be replied to) you at least leave a trello link to it.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We are still working with this with the other bp social connect issues  . Fixes for these will be available soon in the upcoming updates .
    learner4life
    Participant
    Has this issue finally been fixed in the update 2.0.6.1? I couldn't find any information on Trello. This is a very important feature from a security perspective and I am quite disappointed that fixing this bug has been so low on your priority for past few months.
    learner4life
    Participant
    While you may believe that this issue is limited to bp social connect but it is not. The plugin that I am using is Super Socializer https://wordpress.org/plugins/super-socializer/ and I am seeing problems in that as well. Please fix it asap otherwise in lack of this, people can share account/login details without hinderance
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    No this is not fixed yet . It will take some time with the coz it is tricky one . You can always track the development of it on trello : https://trello.com/c/6mryPjZR/387-one-session-per-user-wont-work-if-user-logs-in-with-social-buttons .
    learner4life
    Participant
    Trello says that it was added by you 15 hours ago - but I originally reported it 1 Month and 3 weeks ago - and you said to fix it in "NEXT" update. Since then there have been many vibe customtypes plugin updates. Here is the original thread: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/enable-one-session-per-usernot-working-for-social-login/ SO DID I WAIT PATIENTLY FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS FOR NOTHING? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PREVIOUS TRELLO CARD - YOU JUST SLIPPED IT UNDER THE RUG? This is telling about your work ethics. Very disappointing.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well it was there before in the trello but i guess someone has archived this . So i again added this to trello again . Also it is very rare that the user would share her social login credentials with the anyone . Although we will fix this in the update of bp social connect plugin soon .
    learner4life
    Participant
    "Well it was there before in the trello but i guess someone has archived this." - Can I access Trello Archives? "Also it is very rare that the user would share her social login credentials with the anyone ." - Why do you think someone can't create a random gmail id and use google to sign in and share? Its takes just few seconds. So instead of giving me false assurances, please keep try to fix bugs on time. I would appreciate that a lot more. "Although we will fix this in the update of bp social connect plugin soon ." - Does that mean, this will work only and only if I use bp social connect? Can't I use any other popular social login plugin such as Super Socializer? I don't think this is a plugin only issue.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well that would not be possible with other social plugins coz they forcefully logs in the user and session check hook does not executes . So we need to add the code for this in the social login plugin .
    learner4life
    Participant
    Can you please tell me what hooks you use in this case ("session check hook") ? I can try and customize the social plugin I am using. In any case, I would request you to please make the update in social plugin as soon as you can. You are oversimplifying a problem when you say that users don't share their social login. "Well it was there before in the trello but i guess someone has archived this." - You still haven't told me how can I access Trello Archives?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    learner4life
    Participant
    Thanks, I was able to get it fixed with the help of above link.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Enable One session per user not working for social login’ is closed to new replies.