Exclude specific pages from search results

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Exclude specific pages from search results

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mderooij
    Spectator
    I would like to exclude specific pages and posts from the search results, but don't know how to do it. I tried it with the 'Search Exclude' plugin, but that doesn't work out. Any ideas?
    logan
    Hey, Please goto wp-admin > wplms > course manager > hide course from directory, Refer: http://prntscr.com/mahsun let me know if you need any further information.  
    mderooij
    Spectator
    It is more about the search results of the whole website. Any page and post shows up there. So how to excluded a page from the website search results?
    logan
    mderooij
    Spectator
    Hi, The plugin doens't work with this theme :-( And the other way (functions.php) also doesn't work. I think that code is only for Wordpress posts and not for Wordpress pages?
    logan
    We have tested the code and its working for us : function wpb_search_filter($query) { if ($query->is_search) { $query->set('post__not_in', array(76,78)); } return $query; }   add_filter('pre_get_posts','wpb_search_filter',99999);     In above code put your page ids , comma separated : " array(76,78,2,108)  "
    mderooij
    Spectator
    Thanks, that worked for me also
    logan
    Hey There, Voila ! If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again. Closing this topic. Best regards :)  
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Exclude specific pages from search results’ is closed to new replies.