export and import students

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting export and import students

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    yebenes
    Participant
    Hi, I have done the export and import of learpress courses to WPLMS. Now I have another "problem" is there any way to export and import the students and assign the corresponding course?
    logan
    Hello, the same way as you exported/ imported courses. you have to export courses with users only then they will be assigned to the respected course. else you have to assign them one by one from admin panel. Note: we store users into wp_users & wp_usermeta table.
    yebenes
    Participant
    Hi! I have used the plugin "WPLMS LearnPress Migration". From there, how can I export the users? Because I do not see any option that allows me to do it. I also have the "all import" plugin, this plugin allows me to export all the users. If I use this plugin, would users connect with each course?   Thanks
    logan
    Hello, users will be imported but they will not be assigned to the course. you have to assign them one by one.
    yebenes
    Participant
    And through the sql there is no table that can export your data?   Thanks
    logan
    No that is not available. it only migrates data (content) not the user data. user has to register again.
    yebenes
    Participant
    Is there any field in any table that is related to the courses (or learnpress plugin) of the database that indicates that the course is still active? Because we have configured the courses in our current platform with limited access based on the duration of the course (eg 6 months), and since we would not need to import all the users, but only those who are having an active course right now, would have to there is something in the database that allows us to identify that
    logan
    Well we have to do research on it .We do not know either how does LP saves the user subscription in course so could not suggest this . You have to ask thier support for this . We can tell you how we save the data for user course subscription and her enrollment in course . we save three values which indicates if user is enrolled in course or not : in postmeta table : post_id                meta_key                  meta_value 50                          2                                   0   where 50 is course_id , 2 is user_id , 0 is the marks of user : initially we set 0 marks for the user .   Second :   in usermeta table : user_id .                      meta_key                        meta_value 2                                     course_status50          0 (user_id)                      (50 is course id)             (status in course : start course / continue course)     Third is used to save subscription time of the user : in usermeta table : user_id .                      meta_key                        meta_value 2                                    50                                     1566911200 (user_id)                      (50 is course id)             (timestamp )   for timestamp refer : https://www.epochconverter.com/
    yebenes
    Participant
    Hi! we are going to try to look at them with the indications that you have told us. Thank you so much!
    logan
    Okay thanks for confirming.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘export and import students’ is closed to new replies.