I’ve come across 2 problems I need to solve quickly:
– we experienced a limitation in the number of words a course page can take – the text was too long and the course page stopped writing text after a certain limit. We need to extend that limit, how can we do that?
– we created a course and registered a test-student to test que the quiz functionality. We published the course, created the quiz, attached it to the course but whenever we log in as the test-student, the quiz is visible for the student but not clickable. Why ? How can we fix that?
Thanks in advance for your answers
Just an extra information for my queries:
before writing to you, i checked your query base to see if someone had experienced the same problem. I did fix the course management settings, so the problem cannot come from lack of settings on my behalf. In one of your post, you mention “third-party plugins”, what is that? Which are the plugins that “misbehave” with your theme… or vice-versa? How can I keep these functionalities with no interference with your theme?
As for the course page’s text limitation, I did not find anything.
Hope you’ll find some time today to help me fix these problems – I need to liaise with my client on Monday
Should you need a login and password to check whether WPLMS is properly set up, please ask and I will send it by private e-mail.
Thanks for your help
Patrick6 years, 8 months ago AlexKeymaster
Can you please clarify more on this ?
I was not able to understand nothing from the screenshot that you have attached .
CAn you please share a better explanation along with screenshots .
Also please share admin credentials and site ulr to check this issue .
We refer the term Third party plugins for the plugins that you add externally and is not come up with the theme .
1. Please try increassing ‘ Default Excerpt Length ‘value from wplms -> miscellaneous : http://prntscr.com/amsnb9
2. Please clarify more on this .
Ps :mark reply as private while sharing credentials .
Thanks for your answer. I couldn’t send screens in the first mail as they were too heavy.
I thought I was clear with the qualification of my 2 problems: the text limitation in a course page and the impossibility for a student to take a quiz althogh it is properly attached to a course
1. Text limitation – It seems to work now. I increase the number of words in excerpt as suggested. I wouldn’t have found it as my problem was with the text in the course page (the article’s text) and not with the excerpt. Please check the 3 screens called CFJM – Text Limit 1,2, 3) and confirm I did the proper setting.
2. – Quiz not clickable – With the 3 other screens attached (Oups… there’s a max number of attachements for this form?), I think you will see the problem. After fixing the course management settings (please check if I did it properly), we created a course which we attached to a proper course. I created a student, Eleve-test and registered it duly for this course. When the Elev-test student logs in, he can see the course in his course list, he can go to the quiz (inserted in the program section) but the quiz cannot be clicked. Please note that we are not using the “paying option”: all our students pay their fees beforehands and the access is then free for them after we provide them with a login and a password.
* website URL: http://www.cfjm.cf/cfjm2015
* login webmaster: CFJM2 – password: CFJM2
* login student: Eleve-test – password: <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Eleve-test</span>
Thanks again for your help
The 2 extra screens6 years, 7 months ago Mr.VibeKeymaster
@emiGradquest : Awesome, thanks for the screenshots, it really helps in understanding the requests.
1. No quite correct. Unless you add a “more” quick tag in the course description it would not show the “Read more” button. The unwanted “readmore” tag was actually a bug in 2.0.6 which was resolved in 2.0.7 update. Since the screenshots now show that the issue is resolved, I haven’t quite been able to understand the issue. It would have been really if you could have posted a screenshot which displays the issues.
2. All the screenshots you’ve posted are of a course, where is the quiz in question ?
Also it seems you’ve enabled “Hide Course button after purchase” (screenshot)which restricts the student to see the course units and quizzes attached with the course
Please check this video on student flow which displays how students can pursue course : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFtX9ussRKk
Let me know if I missed something.
The topic ‘Extending text limit in course page / quiz not functioning’ is closed to new replies.