Fatal Error when senting a message

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Fatal Error when senting a message

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    I am trying to send a message from a student's dashboard and I am getting this page error: Fatal error: Call to a member function get_error_message() on a non-object in /wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-messages/bp-messages-actions.php on line 104  
    trauch
    Participant
    I am also getting this error. I am testing my WPLMS re email messaging. It seems that no emails are being sent from my system. This includes the activation email for user signup as well as the manual user activation notification by the admin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    @vasilisgtr: Please share the screenshot also. Please confirm which widget are you using for sending message. Also check if the message component is enabled in the settings->buddypress->components.     @trauch: Its recommended to create your own topic for better understanding and faster responses. Please try medrill plugin and check if it resolves your issue.
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    I have an update on that. I send a message on the buddy-press forum and they told me that the "Fatal error" is a known issue and the fix is scheduled to be released with BuddyPress 2.5 this week. But they guide me to fix the problem temporarily through this. I added the code they suggest and now I am not getting any "Fatal error". I am getting the errors that I can't send messages. So, I made a new installation of WPLMS and I made some more tests and realized that I can't send messages at all, and the notifications are not working at all.
      1. Course > Admin> Members > Send Bulk message (not working and says that " <span style="font-family: Georgia, serif; line-height: 1.5;">MESSAGE SENT TO 0 MEMBERS</span>")
      2. Dashboard> Messages> Compose (not working and says that "MESSAGE WAS NOT SENT. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.")
      3. Notifications are not working too. I added users to course and they didn't get any notifications at all. (I have already changed to "YES" some of the touch points in order to test the notifications and messages)
    The most strange thing is that when I am running on localhost(XAMPP), everything works fine. But when I am on live server the problem remains and messages and notifications are not working! So, what is the problem after all?   ps. I just show Latiyan's answer. The updated screen shot is here I dodn't understand what do you mean about widget? I am  using buddypress for the messages And here is the components settings form buddypress      
    vasilisgtr
    Spectator
    Update about the problem Buddypress released the 2.5.0 version. I installed it and now everything is back to normal!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanx for confirming.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error when senting a message’ is closed to new replies.