[Feature suggestion] Allow instructor to to delete draft/pending courses.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues [Feature suggestion] Allow instructor to to delete draft/pending courses.

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Ava.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    taerese
    Spectator
    Too many draft/pending courses is putting a lot of strain on the admin. Quite a lot of junks admin has to trash everyday. Imagine how this would be stressful for a high traffic site. My feature suggestions: Allow admin to set  a limit to the number of draft/pending courses an instructor can have before they are NOT able to create another course. Say option from 1 to 10. Then provide an option for instructors to be able to delete drafts and pending courses so that when the above limits is reached, they can be able to remove their junk and start afresh instead of admin having to do that for them all the time. NOTE: Allowing instructors to delete draft/pending courses does not permits them to delete approved courses where the admin has not enabled them to delete them. You can imagine the loads of junks we are having to trash everyday where we could have pushed this responsibilities back to the instructors.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Allow admin to set  a limit to the number of draft/pending courses an instructor can have before they are NOT able to create another course. Say option from 1 to 10. this we need to think if possible or not .     Actually the   delete course option is available for pending courses .you need to enable it from wp-admin-> lms -> settings -> Enable Front end course deletion
    taerese
    Spectator
    Actually the   delete course option is available for pending courses .you need to enable it from wp-admin-> lms -> settings -> Enable Front end course deletion I think enabling front end course deletion also allow instructors to delete approved courses. That is the problem and the reason we didn't activate that feature, we only want admin to be able to delete published courses. Tell me if I am wrong.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well instructor is fully aware of that and would not delete it unless they want to really delete it . To enable delete course for pending or draft courses only please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin : add_filter('wplms_front_end_course_delete',function ($flag){ if(isset($_GET['action'])){ $post_id = $_GET['action']; $post = get_post($post_id); if(!empty($post ) && !empty($post->post_status)){ if(in_array($post->post_status,array('draft','pending'))){ $flag =  1 ; }else{ $flag =  0; } } } return $flag; },9999,1);
    taerese
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    taerese
    Spectator
    Ava
    Well im sorry delete option is not available there as of now . its available here : http://prntscr.com/mb334c     
    taerese
    Spectator
    creativedev
    Spectator
    This feature would be really useful. I have a market place, and I can't afford to let instructors delete published courses that already contain students. I only want to allow them to delete drafts/pending courses. I tried adding the code, but when I click to delete a draft, I get the error message: "Unable to delete curriclum"  
    Ava
    Hi Creativediego Please create a new topic and explain your issue there. It is not recommended to reply on someone else's topic for your own privacy.
    taerese
    Spectator
    Thanks @Creativediego for updating this request. Ava, I think it is important to get this feature working properly. Please read where I said it is flawed.
    Ava
    hi @Taerese please go to wp-admin -> lms --> course custom nav -> front end edit -> save those hide show settings again
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘[Feature suggestion] Allow instructor to to delete draft/pending courses.’ is closed to new replies.