Fields In User Profiles Explained

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Fields In User Profiles Explained

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    buramiko
    Spectator
    Hi, any reasons why there are duplicated fields of "bio", "location", "specialty" in users' profile? Is this related to multi-language? There is a "Language" selector in users' profile setting. Once I selected a language for this user, does it mean he will not be visible in the other languages? Any taxonomy for users? Say if I wish to create a carousel for instructors who are specialize in Finance, is that possible? For added user field such as "Title" e.g. Director of Finance, how do I display this on front end instructor profile page or at member carousel? Thanks.
    Diana
    Participant
    @buramiko, When you tried to install the wplms multiple time these fields will also be creating multiple times. You can delete these duplicate profile fields from wp-admin > Users > Profile Fields > delete. Can you please share the screenshot of this Language Selector in profile settings
    buramiko
    Spectator
    @Diana Please see here for the screen cap for the Language Selector inside User's Profile In Admin. Please also answer the following questions? 1. How to display newly added profile fields on profile page? What is the php template file for profile page? 2. How to create a carousel for users that belong to a particular field? e.g. all instructors that are in specialty "Finance"? Thanks.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    language selector in edit user page will change the wordpress site language for that user . this field is added by the wpml or a third party plugin I guess. Contact that plugin author about it .   creating user carousel based on a category is not available but you can put user ids comma separated to display each user specifically in vibe member carousel page builder block settings .   to display newly added profile fields please add those fields in the Base profile field group .      
    buramiko
    Spectator
    Thank you!!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Fields In User Profiles Explained’ is closed to new replies.