Fill in the blank not scoring / evaluating

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Fill in the blank not scoring / evaluating

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I guess there were two trello card for this issue, that's why this is still in the "to do" list. I just checked the fill in the blanks questions in the in-course quiz on my test setup and now it works fine. Please make sure your theme and plugins are updated to the latest versions i.e. 2.1.1 Also clear your any type of cache i.e. browser +server and then check. The issue is resolved. Let me know if you still face the issue.
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    Hi Latiyan, I logged in reset the course and proceeded through the course. every time there was a "fill in the blank" it did not score / register. By the time I got to unit 7 in my course I decided to make a screenshot and show you. Please see attached screenshot (screen01.jpg) of in course quiz results. Where I have indicated "1" you can see that my answer was not registered and I scored nothing, however at "2" indicated you can see that a questions that is not a fill in the blank DOES register. Why? Please can you re-check this on an in course quiz on our site? I have attached a second screenshot (screen02.jpg) confirming we are running the latest plugin updates, we are also running the latest theme version. i.e 2.1.1 I really need this resolved ASAP. Thank you! :) Jason
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok I again checked your site and found that its not working for you, so I wanted to make some changes in the file to check if it works for you but for this I'll need the ftp credentials which I don't have. So please login through ftp and go to vibe course module plugin->includes->js->course.js file now replace this file with the course.js file attached in the attachment. Let me know if this fixes the issue on your site.  
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    Hi there Latiyan, Thanks for the file. I replced the old file with this one via ftp and then tested the in course quiz fill in the blank... IT WORKED!! BUT... I continued through the course as a student and when i got to a drop down select quiz question, it DID NOT register the selected answer and did not score the answer at all. So it seems like this issue is happening with the drop down select now. AH!!! Please help... Is it maybe something in the course.js file you gave me that needs changing?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Today we will be releasing an update of vibe course module plugin as there are some issues with the file. We will fix this issue also with this update. So please wait for the update. Thanks for the patience.
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    Hi There, Any update on this? Has this issue been resolved? Thanks. Jason
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes this issue has already been resolved in the 2.1.1 update. Please update the theme and plugins to the latest versions and then check the issue.
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    Hi Latiyan, Ok we updated WP, Theme, All plugins and the fill in the blank IS working still so thats good news however something strange is happening with drop down select. I have tested and retested this and an in course quiz only registers the first drop down select answer BUT NOT the second one. (see screenshot) Every time I tested it registers the first drop down select in a quiz but NOT the second one. What is the problem here now? Please help as soon as you can. Stressed here!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I checked your site and found the dropdown question to be working fine . Please check video in private reply
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    jsnmrk
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thank you for your reply. I watched your video but you did not re-create the error. Please recheck my post above. When there are TWO consecutive drop down select questions the quiz recognizes the FIRST input and marks / scores it. HOWEVER, it disregards the second completely. Please refer to the screenshot above. You will see of the two drop down select questions it scores the FIRST but it does not score the SECOND. This is the issue I am having, please can you let me know how this can be resolved. Thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I have replicated the issue on my test setup and fixed it. I don't have permission on your site to make any changes in  your file, so I couldn't fix this issue on your website otherwise I would have fixed it on your website. I have marked this as a bug and we will be releasing an update (vibe shortcode plugin and vibe course module plugin) most probably tomorrow with this fix. Track: https://trello.com/c/iZ249Vbi
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Fill in the blank not scoring / evaluating’ is closed to new replies.