Fillblank evaluation format problem

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Fillblank evaluation format problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    In our quizzes, we are using several times multiple fillblank questions. We are on 3.9.9 not react quiz, but course inline quiz. It works great, with custom code made by @Alex earlier to avoid the 2 clicks in the input field. Now we have a problem in displaying the answers on the evaluation side for fillblank type questions. Please check the link: https://prnt.sc/vhzsk9 https://prnt.sc/vhzso0 The pictures are from the same quiz. You will see short red lines where are some mixed characters. Normally it should be empty (or if you put something it should be the chosen answer) In one quiz in all fillblank questions we have always the same characters. But for other quiz, other characters. It looks like some variable is not cleared before displaying it on the evaluation form. Would you check how can we avoid this problem?
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have some additional observations on this problem. For the same quiz, it happend that there are differences between the displaying the evaluation for different student submissions. On one evaluation form for a specified student, there is no any problem, on another evaluation form from the same quiz, for a different student there are lot of problems and they are coming together. What are those problems? 1. The fillblank extra spam characters as shown above.
    1. For multiple dropdown questions for some submitted answers the evaluation form does not show all the answers and all the good answers, only the first one: https://prnt.sc/vio85i but for other student show all of them: https://prnt.sc/viod3j We have checked that auto evaluation was working correctly, the answers from comments were compared with the good answers and the points were calculated correctly by the systems. It means for me that the system sees the answers, the problem is with writing it in the evaluation form.

2. Problem with Long text formatting. If we have the above problems then the long text question formatting is gone. No line fied, no new line seen in evaluation text even it is seen in comments, so it was formatted. https://prnt.sc/vio8hn

So the most interesting observation is the following: For the same quiz, for some evaluation forms we have not any displaying issues, for others, we have a lot, all the 3 above problems together.

Veronica
    hi the delay in response due to support holiday It works great, with custom code made by @Alex earlier to avoid the 2 clicks in the input field. can you please let us know which code?
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    This the code: /* fillin blank 2 click problem solving */ add_Action('init',function(){ remove_shortcode('fillblank'); add_shortcode('fillblank', 'vibe_fillblank'); }); function vibe_fillblank( $atts, $content = null ) { global $post; $user_id=get_current_user_id(); $answers=get_comments(array( 'post_id' => $post->ID, 'status' => 'approve', 'user_id' => $user_id )); $content =' '; if(isset($answers) && is_array($answers) && count($answers)){ $answer = reset($answers); $content = $answer->comment_content; } if((function_exists('bp_is_user') && bp_is_user()) || (function_exists('bp_is_member') && bp_is_member())) return '____________'; $return =''.((strlen($content)>2)?$content:'').''; return $return; } But I'm sure the problem is more complex. Please carefully all my posts, because I have discussed a lot of background issues which could help you in debugging.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is fixed in the update of vibe course module plugin 3.9.9.5
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    This is fine. But would you be so kind to tell me which part of the new code of vibe course module plugin 3.9.9.5 is for this fix because I can not update the whole plugin. When I done, it changed some important things around the displaying the evaluation for the student, which is now mostly hidden by css, only the instructor remarks are available and the final score + retake button. Nothing from questions and answers for students. The instructor can see and print whole evaluation from stats. Or if you could tell me how to hide these parts for the new plugin with css or custom code, this also could help me.
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    The css code I'm using for hiding the not necessary items from evaluated test: .user_quiz_result .quiz_result .quiz_questions{display:none;}
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have updated to the new 3.9.9.5 update and tested all my important issues. All the hidings are working correctly, and till now I do not find any problem with past working functions. Anyhow the fillblank trash problem is still there. After the plugin update, I have filled in a quiz and made an evaluation. The dropdown problem with not showing only the first answer and the writing formatted test problem disappeared. But the fillinblank problem is still there. It should be empty line, but this is full of the same extra trash characters... Please check the picture: https://prnt.sc/vlu2x6
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi added some changed in your wp-content/plugins/wplms_plugin/includes/vibe-course-module/includes/js/course.js file . Please check now.
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have checked the same quiz evaluation and the trash characters in fillinblank are still there. The same as before... :(
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    The trash characters in fillblank line are different on different users, and computers, but the same for all fillblank answer in one quiz. I have found one more problem with fillblank questions. If in your answer there is a ' character like isn't the system did not handle it correctly in evaluation. The answer is always wrong if there is a ' in it. Check on the picture the Marked and Correct answers: It should be 10 marks but because of the ' answers it is only 8 marks. I have checked it on other quizzes and questions. Always the same. If ' character is in the answer it is always wrong. https://prnt.sc/vnidjx Please check this problem too.
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    I have found the reason for the apostrophe ' problem. I have found in your code, that you are handling the ASCCI apostrophe character (0x27) U+0027 in your add_filter('wplms_text_correct_answer',array($this,'fallback_for_quotes_wplms_text_correct_answer'),11,2); In our case, I have found out that the instructor probably copied the text from Word and his apostrophe was U+2019 like apostrophe... so that was the reason for not matching the answers. I have found similar problems with " handling in dropdown menu. I have got errors in the dropdown questions when the " was copied from Word... So this is a complex problem of handling the apostrophes in your system. If you wish I could share my experience in this topic with you, to find out a good solution for the future.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well for the quotes issue please use this code : please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :
    add_filter('wplms_text_correct_answer','fallback_for_quotes_wplms_text_correct_answer',12,2);
    function fallback_for_quotes_wplms_text_correct_answer($str_lowered_c_answer,$c_answer){

if(strpos( $str_lowered_c_answer,'’') !== false){
            $str_lowered_c_answer = str_replace('’', '\'', $str_lowered_c_answer);
        }
        if(strpos( $str_lowered_c_answer,'”') !== false){
            $str_lowered_c_answer = str_replace('”', '"', $str_lowered_c_answer);
        }

$str_lowered_c_answer = stripcslashes($str_lowered_c_answer);

return $str_lowered_c_answer;
    }
    szabonyelviskola
    Spectator
    Thanks, the quotes problem is ok. Do you have any idea about the fillblank trash character problem...? Is it possible to clear the content for fillblank somewhere in function bp_course_get_question_details() ? As I see the trash is like the last marked answer in the quiz... And this answer is written in all line of fillblank blank lines, as is shown on above... And this is always fillblank or dropdown answer.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well its coming from a js file and an external script we were using . I have commented out that code in your site but it seems the script is cached . To flush it please modify the code as per in the screenshot. : https://prnt.sc/vpwrdz in your wp-content/plugins/vibe-course-module/loader.php file
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Fillblank evaluation format problem’ is closed to new replies.