First Section Free problems

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues First Section Free problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    junayd
    Spectator
    Hello, I have an issue with the 'First Section Free' option.  I have set it 'On' in the options and for the courses I want the firsts section free, I have made an 'Introduction' section with the units I want to offer for free, but when checking it on another browser, both as new visitor who is not logged in and as a logged in student, the First Section unit does not show its content - just the details are shown, as with all other units in the Curriculum. How can I make this option active? Thanks Junade Zakir
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well actually those units will open on the course status page : refer this video : https://youtu.be/MFtX9ussRKk?t=47
    junayd
    Spectator
    I don't understand.  When a new visitor has come to my website and wants to check a new course, they will click on its image and they will be taken to a page dedicated to that particular course.  This page shows the name of the course, the curriculum, reviews and events.  On the curriculum section, I have the Introduction section and then the rest of the course, but the unit(s) in the First section do not work as a running course - just the details are shown.  The Youtube video you suggested didn't show me how the First section is shown to be free.  If the page which shows the name, curriculum, reviews and events is the Course Status page, then on my site, for courses that have the First section free, they are not appearing as that.
    Diana
    Participant
    @junayd, Please check this tip Refer this tip: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/make-first-section-free-in-course/
    junayd
    Spectator
    Hello again, I have done this and checked it on the actual site as a new visitor - the only tab it shows is 'Take this course', not 'Subscribe for free' - when I click it, it takes me straight through to the shopping cart.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    please share your site url , admin credentials in private reply to check this issue at your end .
    junayd
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    junayd
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the take this course button show for non logged in users . In wplms only logged in users can try the first section for free and it shows subscribe for free for logged in users : http://prntscr.com/lhv10u
    junayd
    Spectator
    Hello again, Thanks for that.  I can see it all working now - the only issue I have is that on WPLMS there are two different types of formats - the actual course and the product which the course is associated with.  If someone goes to the Course page and tries to start the course, access is denied, because they haven't yet purchased the course, whereas if they are on the 'Product' page, then they are able to subscribe for free and/or purchase the course.  This means i need to hide all the 'Course' page links.  How an I do this? Once a user enters the site, they are shown courses - how can I make sure that what they see are the purchasable Woocommerce 'Products' and not the WPLMS courses? I hope you get what I am saying Regards Junayd
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    junayd
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Before, when i was displaying the course boxes on the home page, then it wasn't working properly - clicking on 'Take this course' would give an admin error - now everything is working just fine.  If a user is not logged in, then they are taken straight to the shopping cart, but if they are logged in, then they get subscribed onto the course, to get access to the free sections. Many thanks for your help Junayd
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes the first section free feature only works for logged in users and for non logged in users it redirects to course purchase . what you can do is to force the user to login by enabling " Open Login popup for non logged in users when they click on take this course button(For all courses) " from wp-admnin-> lms -> settings  on take this course button click so that they can login and try the course free lessons .  
    junayd
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, It is working now - however when the user logs in, it redirects them to a different page - not the course page they were on.  I have opted for the drop down login box, which keeps the user on the same page, instead of going to a new page.  How can I make sure the user stays on the same page after logging in? Thanks Junayd
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
      please try adding this given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin :   function wpse125952_redirect_to_request( $redirect_to, $request, $user ){     // instead of using $redirect_to we're redirecting back to $request     return $request; } add_filter('login_redirect', 'wpse125952_redirect_to_request', 9999999999, 3);
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘First Section Free problems’ is closed to new replies.