Force Administrator Approval on every setting

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Force Administrator Approval on every setting

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Zoha
    Participant
    Hello! I'm checking "Force Administrator Approval on every setting" option, but when Instructor make changes in course description or curriculum, all changes is online without any notification to admin.
    logan
    Privyet #zohan, set these:
    LMS -> Settings -> Force Administrator Approval on every setting
    WPLMS -> Course Manager -> Admin Approval For Course --> Yes, require approval.

This setting works fine, please make sure you are testing this as an instructor.

Also, check the course as an admin because when the instructor clicks on publishing it is not published but admin has to publish it.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Also, share the site URL and the admin credentials with us to check the issue on your website.

PS: Please make sure your theme and plugins are updated to the latest versions and mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.

Zoha
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan
    Zoha
    Participant
    Hello Logan, So, I'm tested. When live course edited, and waiting approval. course was unpublished and users loss access to the course. It will be right solution if changes are made to a virtual copy and after approval, the original will be updated! Please let me know this feature can be implemented in future? I'm found on forum this solution suggested from other users. Until we will edit manually any changes.
    logan
    Hello, This is not present in the wplms yet, but this is an excellent suggestion. We have taken note of it and I personally shall ensure that this aspect is considered at the next update of wplms. Track your card here: https://trello.com/c/ic4Jd4qO
    for now i can do one thing. i will change hide the send for approval button when instructor edit the course the second time. when the instructor edits the course, these changes applied directly, he does not need to send for the admin. when he changes the setting, you will get a notification for this. let me know do you need a code to hide that button when second-time instructor edits the course or not.
    taerese
    Spectator
    Hi Logan. I came  across this while reading the Trello. It is a really important update to have. Thanks for adding it and I hope it is done soon. While I am not the thread starter, does Admin actually really get notification whenever an instructor changes setting? The only notifications I receive is when an instructor sent a course for approval.
    logan
    #zohan & #taerese Enable these settings, LMS -> Settings -> Force Administrator Approval on every setting
    Please paste this snippets in your wp-admin >> plugins >> editor >> wplms-customizer plugin >> wplms-customizer.php  add_action('wplms_front_end_save_course_pricing',function ($course_id,$settings){    do_action('wplms_course_go_live',$course_id,(array)get_post($course_id));   },10,2); on every changes you will receive a mail about the changes and also notifications in admin >> dashboard >> notifications.
    user need to click save button only not the send for approval button. if you want to hide send for approval button once the course is published then use this code: add_action('wp_footer',function (){   $id = $_GET['action'];   $post = get_post($id);   if(!empty($id) && $post->post_type == 'course' && $post->post_status == 'publish'){   ?>   <style>   div#create_course_wrapper .edit_course_content div#course_live ul.course_live>li a#publish_course {display: none !important;}   </style>   <?php   }   });  
    maddyomaddy11
    Spectator
    Hi... I really appreciate the urge of requirement for the previous post raised stating When live course edited, and waiting approval. course was unpublished and users loss access to the course. It will be right solution if changes are made to a virtual copy and after approval, the original will be updated!... I am also waiting for this requirement on the coming updates Thanks in Advance.
    logan
    Hello, Thank you for your suggestion. We added your idea to our feature list and will consider it. If or when exactly our developers will add a new feature is not up to us to determine. Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration. It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors. Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine. till then you could try the above solution provided by me. that will do the trick
    hooterbux
    Spectator
    logan
    Hello, Please update your theme and plugins to the latest version which is 3.9.5. this is fixed in or latest update.
    hooterbux
    Spectator
    I have updated theme but it doesn't work at all. I want to show old course of instructor till then approve it from back-end by admin.
    logan
    Hello, that's not an easy one i have talked to the development team. they are working on it. till than,

Enable these settings,

LMS -> Settings -> Force Administrator Approval on every setting

Please paste this snippets in your wp-admin >> plugins >> editor >> wplms-customizer plugin >> wplms-customizer.php 

add_action('wplms_front_end_save_course_pricing',function ($course_id,$settings){

do_action('wplms_course_go_live',$course_id,(array)get_post($course_id));

},10,2);

on every changes you will receive a mail about the changes and also notifications in admin >> dashboard >> notifications.

user need to click save button only not the send for approval button. if you want to hide send for approval button once the course is published then use this code:

add_action('wp_footer',function (){

$id = $_GET['action'];

$post = get_post($id);

if(!empty($id) && $post->post_type == 'course' && $post->post_status == 'publish'){

?>

<style>

div#create_course_wrapper .edit_course_content div#course_live ul.course_live>li a#publish_course {display: none !important;}

</style>

<?php

}

});

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Force Administrator Approval on every setting’ is closed to new replies.