Force e-mail to login

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Force e-mail to login

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Suelotto
    Spectator
    How can I force the email field to be used for login? I would like to not use the username field (in register and login...) ps: I'm using the popup ajax in WPLMS 3.0 Thanks !
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, if you are using ajax login, then we'll have to completely redefine the function which validates the username and email. Login through username is the default wordpress behaviour and we do not recommend changing it. However if you still want us to change the whole function, then we'll take this as a paid customization.
    Suelotto
    Spectator
    Please let me know the value of this customization, and a second customization, to let the user sign in with the Google account I would also like to know if login by page (not ajax) these customizations are simpler / cheaper Thank you !
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, If you do not want to use ajax, then its just a one line code you need to add. There is no cost for this, simply add the bellow line in your wplms-customizer.php file present in your wp-admin->plugins->editor->select wplms customizer plugin. remove_filter( 'authenticate', 'wp_authenticate_username_password',  20, 3 ); NOTE: If the user tries to use username then it will give an error and will redirect user to wp-login.php page to login again using email address only.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Force e-mail to login’ is closed to new replies.