Forgot password link

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Forgot password link

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gsjaak
    Spectator
    Hi! I am having an issue with the forgot password link. My users user their email as their username, when they forget their password they get a link that contains their emailadress to reset the password. The problem is that many emailproviders nowadays recognize the email adres in this link as en e-mail adres, and thereby breaking the link. Resulting in users not being able to reset their password by clicking on the link. Annoying. I tried to change the anchor text (to something like: "click this to reset" in stead of the full link). But without success. Is there a way I can create an extra shortcode (like {{{user.forgotpasswordlink}}}) that inputs the link without an tag? Or where is this ({{{user.forgotpasswordlink}}}) defined, so i know where to look! Would be amazing. Hope to hear from you!
    logan
    Well to change or fetch the forget password link is would not be possible as of now .It is coming from : /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/wptest/wp-content/themes/wplms/includes/actions.php : function name : wplms_forgot_password()  
    gsjaak
    Spectator
    Hi Thanks for the update, So I am looking at this part: 'user.forgotpasswordlink'=> ''.network_site_url("wp-login.php?action=rp&key=$key&login=" . rawurlencode($user_login), 'login').''   I want this (without the href) : 'user.forgotpasswordurl'=> '.network_site_url("wp-login.php?action=rp&key=$key&login=" . rawurlencode($user_login), 'login').' So this will only output the url.   How can I make this update proof? And/or could you incorporate this email token in the next release
    logan
    Well this is not available .The change will not be update proof ..
    gsjaak
    Spectator
    Ok no problem I changed it hardcoded. Could you incorporate the e-mail token in the next the update:   This is the line of code: 'user.forgotpasswordurl'=> network_site_url("wp-login.php?action=rp&key=$key&login=" . rawurlencode($user_login), 'login'),   Tested and works!   Kind regards
    logan
    Hey Pal, We have taken note of it and will consider this. If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again. Closing this topic. Best regards:)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Forgot password link’ is closed to new replies.