Forum linkage issues and 'Discuss in Forums' links missing

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Forum linkage issues and 'Discuss in Forums' links missing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sirindesigns
    Spectator
    hi, I've 2 questions relating to forums. 1) We have a general subject (Eg. Chemistry) forum that needs to be linked to 3 separate subscription products (Chemistry A, Chemistry B and Chemistry C). Meaning i want to give student subscribed to any of the 3 products access to the Chemistry forum. Is there a way to do that? Right now, i've link the Course to the Foum (via 'course settings') but NOT the other way around from Forums to Course (via 'Forum setting'). From what I see, I seem to only be able to link 1 product to 1 forum, so if i link Chemistry A product to CHEMISTRY forum, then students subscribed under Chemistry B will not be able to access the Chemistry forum. 2) Right now, the 'Discuss in Forums' links only shows up in the first and preview unit (i.e. Unit 1 and Unit 1 preview) of the FIRST section of a specific course. From unit 2 onwards, the link is missing. How can i make the link appear on all units, regardless of the section? Thanks in advance!  
    sirindesigns
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    1.I checked your website and found that you made a child forum name "Chemistry", please make a parent forum then it will appears in all the three products. See the Screenshot 2. Well unit forum and course forum are different things, if you want to show a forum in each unit then you have to add forum in unit settings.
    sirindesigns
    Spectator
    Hi Mark, Thanks for your reply. Apologies for the delay in response. 1. I've changed the Chemistry Forum to a parent forum, and checked that it's linked from'Course settings' side but when i try accessing it from within the course, it brings me back to the KWIK forum instead of the CHEMISTRY forum. And that hyperlink only shows up for the first unit of that course. What else do i need to change to get the linkage from the 3 different products right? 2. I just need students enrolled into a particular course to be given access to the forums. How do i do this since there isn't a FORUMS tab showing up on their dashboard either?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Make a new forum. Refer : http://prntscr.com/i263fe And select existing forum to the new course. Refer : http://prntscr.com/i263z0  
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum linkage issues and 'Discuss in Forums' links missing’ is closed to new replies.