FORUM – modify a message and assign the role of moderator to the teacher

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues FORUM – modify a message and assign the role of moderator to the teacher

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Walter
    Participant
    Hello,   I installed a forum visible only to the students of a course. I can write messages there when I am a student but do not have access to the modification of the latter (modify and reply are grayed out to the right of my message). How can I set this up? I do not find.   In the same way, how can I give the role of moderator (to delete or modify messages) to the teacher of the course?   Thank you in advance Walter
    Walter
    Participant
    Up
    Walter
    Participant
    Please
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, To allow deletion of replies you have to make the instructor to be keymaster by editing the user in backend , Share url of the forum where edit,reply is showing to be gray ? thanks,
    Walter
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Walter
    Participant
    An answer please ?
    Walter
    Participant
    Hello,   It becomes very complicated to get responses from your support ... In order not to harass you, what is the average response time so that I can organize myself accordingly?   I am still waiting for a reply to this message.   Very cordially, Walter
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, Goto appearance>>customization>>custom css and use code given below: .bbp-meta span.bbp-admin-links { z-index: 9999 !important; } After that moderator can edit the message, Thanks,
    Walter
    Participant
    THANKS A LOT : it's ok. I want to translate the "back to course" button in the forum section but i don't find in witch file can i do this. Can you tell me where can i find this text BUTTON. After that how can i close the discussion ? Thanks again for all Walter
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, Hello, back to course is coming from a vibe course module plugin. check if your pot file is synced or not. I will closed topic when you say to close this, Thanks,
    Walter
    Participant
    Hi, I find the text "back to course" in the vibe course module, i translate in french, i save, i synchronise but it doesn't work. I dont't understand... Help please :-) Walter
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, yes put your 100% file in wp-admin >> themes >>wplms >>language >> paste. same for plugins wp-admin >> plugins >>open all plugins 1 by one >>language >> paste. you need to copy the translations file into a global folder, which is wp-content >> language. you need to translate every string from all plugins and theme. translated them one by one. On every update local files will be affected so that you need to put these translated files into global folders. it will prevent string loss from the update. here is how you can achieve this. Always sync and save the pot file Note: Always copy local .Po | .Mo files into the global folder. it will prevent from translation string loss while updating theme/ plugins. How you achieve this: 1- i have checked the site language from wp-admin > settings > general > site language. 2- then goto wp-admin > loco translate > theme/plugin > theme name / plugin name. 3- Copy author file to system file. 4- the author stands for local file and system stands for the global file. 5- once your done copying. from now you have to translate a string in global (system) file. These steps should be followed for all plugins and theme in which you are making any changes. Thanks,
    Walter
    Participant
    Excuse me but i don't understand. Paste is the action  ? 100% of wich files ? the global folder will not be affected by the updates ? When you say copy author file is this with the plugin or with a FTP ? ... Excuse me again but ;-)   Thanks
    Veronica
    hi, sorry for interrupting between the conversation because jackson is not here today. by understanding the conversation i think it's relating to the translation

this can be done via loco translate you have to search the string and then translate it. search this in

themes and plugin one by one.

refer to this tip: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/

you need to translate every string from all plugins and theme. translated them one by one. On every update local files will be affected so that you need to put these translated files into global folders. it will prevent string loss from the update.

here is how you can achieve this.

Note: in this, I am using my local test setup site language which is "Português do Brasil". you have to select your site language.

Always sync and save the pot file 

Note: Always copy local .Po | .Mo files into the global folder. it will prevent from translation string loss while updating theme/ plugins

1. then goto wp-admin > loco translate > theme/plugin > theme name / plugin name.
    2. Copy author file to system file.
    3. the author stands for local file and the system stands for the global file.
    4. once your done copying. from now you have to translate a string in global (system) file.

These steps should be followed for all plugins and themes in which you are making any changes

Walter
    Participant
    OK, I'm starting to understand :-)   The procedure that you indicate to me is, it seems to me, planned for a new translation which does not yet exist. Mine exist. Therefore, do not you simply move the translation to the directory: languages ​​/ loco / plugins / name of plugin This being possible by one of the tabs present when I edit the translation file which corresponds to the chosen language. That's it ? Thank you again for your answers and your patience.   Walter
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘FORUM – modify a message and assign the role of moderator to the teacher’ is closed to new replies.