Forum privacy not working

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Forum privacy not working

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi! I have forum privacy checked in lms settings and all my forums are private. However, when someone has an account and browses directly to the forum he/she can access the forum and create posts. Also at sitename.com/forums anyone who is logged in can see all private forums and access them. I don't want that! I want the course forum to be only available for course students. hope you can help. Kind regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Please check the course settings and make sure the forum is connected to the course then only the course forum privacy works.
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi, Well it is connected, as well the forum as the course have the course forum connected..
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Can you please share the course url and the admin credentials with us to check this.
    fdittmar
    Participant
    was there ever a solution? I'm having the same problem (still). thanks
    Diana
    Participant
    @fdittmar, There are 4 steps you need to check: 1. Your Forum visibility is set to private. 2. Your Forum should be connected to the course 3. Your course should be connected to the forum 4. Enable course forum privacy for course students only from LMS > Settings Make sure you are logged in as a student who is not enrolled in that course. Then check I have tested the same on my test setup and it is working fine. I am unable to view the course forum. Please do not post on others topic. If still issue persists then open a new topic and we'll help you there.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Forum privacy not working’ is closed to new replies.