gdpr conflict and forum email notification

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues gdpr conflict and forum email notification

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chinolz
    Spectator
    Hi wplms is currently auto subscribing user to forums when they take the course, this is NOT GDPR compliant. Imagine a case user buy subscription to site with 50 courses. He is auto subscribed to 50 forums automatically!! Whenver a user post a topic on the forum he is then spammed via email with notification. https://trello.com/c/iafxzcoK When will this be resolved?? You cant expect the user to go to each forum page and click unsubscribe (ps the user doesnt even know what the unsubscribe do if he didnt use bbpress before)
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Please add this code in your wplms-customizer.php file of wplms-customizer plugin. It will work only for new users. To unsubscribe old users you can use this plugin. Refer : https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-bulk-unsubscribe/ add_filter('bp_course_add_user_to_course_enable_forum_subscription',function($x){ return 0; });
    chinolz
    Spectator
    thanks, topic closed
    chinolz
    Spectator
    one more thing, what is the user subscription runs out, he will no longer have access to the course. And he is still subscribed to the course forum. shoudnt he be automatically unsubscribed when the membership expiries?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Yes, student will be automatically unsubscribe fro the forum when their membership expires.
    chinolz
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi please provide some time to check that plugin .
    chinolz
    Spectator
    and ?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Hello, @chinolz I tested this plugin on my test setup and found this to be a bug. Thanks for reporting this bug. This is due to all the ajax calls for all users runs at a time. I created a card on trello, please track this card from this  link.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘gdpr conflict and forum email notification’ is closed to new replies.