General settings translate

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues General settings translate

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    consp51
    Participant
    I have search the forum and award of the General settings translate file could be either in vibe template or the BuddyPress template。 Under Loco translate plugin, They looked like they have already been translated, text like "account email, General settings" are commonly used. Does anyone have the same problem with the translation?
    Diana
    Participant
    @consp51, Can you please share a screenshot of the tab for better understanding
    consp51
    Participant
    I got it taken care off already. Loco doesn't work too well, I switched to TranlatePress, you can use the side panel to edit on the page directly, this way you don't figure which po I need to search and edit.
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, Its in wplms theme or in buddypress plugin . For translating buddypress plugin, please refer this tutorial: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/buddy-press-translation-using-loco-translator/ In this tutorial you can check how to add the pot file, this pot file is the template which is missing.
    consp51
    Participant
    It's about finding the right po file. Sometimes I changed the string and nothing happened. Sometime I just don't know where to look for them.
    Diana
    Participant
    @consp51 Yes, you are right sometimes Loco Translate does not work well. The strings do not change and stop showing any changes when the values actually saved internally. The only way left at that time to delete the pot file and create a new one If you found any other plugin which is working for translation you can use that. It is not a hard and fast rule that you have to use the Loco Translate Plugin only We suggest this plugin because we worked with it
    consp51
    Participant
    So you need to delete the pot file in order for it to take effect? I will give it a try.
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    consp51
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    hi, the steps to translate

you need to translate that string from the plugin translated that. On every update, local files will be affected so that you need to put these translated files into global folders. it will prevent string loss from the update.

here is how you can achieve this.

Note: in this, I am using my local test setup site language which is "Português do Brasil". you have to select your site language.

Always sync and save the pot file refer: http://prntscr.com/ng3kb1k

Note: Always copy local .Po | .Mo files into the global folder. it will prevent from translation string loss while updating theme/ plugins.

How could you do this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqfQh6Zl1K

In this video,

1- i have checked the site language from wp-admin > settings > general > site language.
    2- then goto wp-admin > loco translate > theme/plugin > theme name / plugin name.
    3- Copy author file to system file.
    4- the author stands for local file and the system stands for the global file.
    5- once your done copying. from now you have to translate a string in global (system) file.

if you are unable to perform the following steps we can perform this after that
    but make sure that you have synced your file first
    consp51
    Participant
    Thanks Veronica I finally figure out why the translation wasn't working for me now. The problem ended up was the difference between Next Quiz vs next quiz. I didn't think Loco was case sensitive. Case closed. Thanks
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Dear Friend,
    Glad you’re enjoying the theme & support – thanks for using it! :slightly_smiling_face:
    Please write your review. I would really appreciate that!
    Here: https://themeforest.net/item/wplms-learning-management-system/reviews/6780226
    If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.
    Closing this topic.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘General settings translate’ is closed to new replies.