Group Members not able to see Groups Hidden

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Group Members not able to see Groups Hidden

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    iamsukri
    Spectator
    <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 22px; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">Hi, I'm having a problem regarding groups hidden. Apparently, I've made group to hidden setting. But I'm not able to view my own group even though I'm the admin of the group.</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 22px; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">I assume, groups are hidden from public. But can be viewed for those who are inside the group.</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 22px; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">I've attached a screenshot.</p>
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is a known issue, we will fix this in our next update of wplms 2.0. Thanx for reporting.
    tylerburke
    Participant
    This issue was not resolved with 2.0.6 ...any updates on when you expect the issue to be resolved?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Group is the functionality of the buddypress, if you set the group to be hidden then it is hidden for everyone and can only be accessed through direct link. We do not interfere with buddypress settings, so its a buddypress issue not theme issue. You can set group to be private, which will be seen in the group directory.
    tylerburke
    Participant
    I have the same issue when hidding a course. Instructors are unable to access a hidden courses under the "instructing courses" section. Is there a setting to allow them access? Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please refer my previous reply. Its not a theme issue. If you set the group to be hidden then it is hidden for everyone and can only be accessed through direct link.
    tylerburke
    Participant
    Hi Latiyan, I understand about a hidden group... are you saying that hidding a course is also not a theme issue?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes hiding a course is a theme issue. There is an option in wplms option panel to hide the course from the website. You can hide any course from the website it will not be visible to anyone. It will only be visible in the backend.  
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Group Members not able to see Groups Hidden’ is closed to new replies.