Groups not showing in Groups page.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Groups not showing in Groups page.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    Hi there, have looked but couldn't make sense. We have a site that has multiple groups/(batches) set up. for obvious reasons we need these hidden so that people can't be aware of the other groups. To this end, we have the groups hidden. However this means that even members of the groups can't see those groups on the groups page. /members/username/groups/ Why is this and how can I get them to show? Is this a buddypress issue? if so it must have been raised before, how can I fix this. Any help appreciated
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    replied to be notified on reply
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, You can make your batches/groups as private. So that the other users cannot access these groups.
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    yes but as 'private' they will show up on the groups pages won't they? That is what I don't want, I only want members to see groups they are members of :-)
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The all groups page is not a wplms page it's a buddypress page. We cannot remove groups from that page. If you want your users to see only their groups then they can see it in their profile page. Simply do not show the all groups page.
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    This is what I am saying. the users are not seeing their groups in their own profile page. Where are the groups meant to show?  Are hidden groups meant to show in the profile page/ if so where :) Thanks for your help again.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The groups are shown in the profile menu, refer: http://prntscr.com/hl3ub5 Are you not able to see any groups in your profile ? Please let me know.
    Neil2017
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The groups are present in your profile, but you have added a custom css in your website to hide it, refer: http://prntscr.com/hlxabo You have added this css in customize->custom css. Remove this css then you can see the groups.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Groups not showing in Groups page.’ is closed to new replies.