Help Removing Course Setup Extras and Enrol in Batch Error

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches Help Removing Course Setup Extras and Enrol in Batch Error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    imamul
    Spectator
    Hi I have 3 questions / issues: 1) What is the difference between a batch and a group? Do i have to add courses to a batch or a group? When i add a course to a group users cant see it, but if i add to a batch they can. Please help. 2) I have the option of Enrolling in Batch - but this shows as Error why? 3) In the course set up how do i remove a lot of the course settings such as course duration, course prerequisites etc. so that teachers dont see it? 4) How do i change the term Batches to Subject sitewide? 5) How do i auto-set teachers who sign up as Group Moderator - I am admin. NOTE: My website is set up so different Schools are Groups and the Batches are Subjects for each school.
    Scott Lang
    Hi, 1-Basically batches are modified version of buddypress groups where restriction for courses are handled.So that we can devide multiple course in single batch. Please refer this wplms-batch doc:https://wplms.io/downloads/wplms-batches/ You have to first connecct the course to batch then add user to that batch.Thus user will automatically enrolled in connected-course too. 2-) I have the option of Enrolling in Batch - but this shows as Error why? Please explain 3- To remove duration and prerequisites  add this code to your customizer.
    add_filter('wplms_course_creation_tabs',function($settings){
        $newSettings = $settings;
        if(!empty($settings['course_settings']['fields']) && is_array($settings['course_settings']['fields'])){
            foreach ($settings['course_settings']['fields'] as $key => $value) {
                //add more id check to remove
                if($value['id']=='vibe_duration' || $value['id']=='vibe_pre_course'){
                    array_splice($newSettings['course_settings']['fields'],$key,1);
                }
            }
        }
        return $newSettings;
    },11,1);
      4- You can change the term from translation. 5- Setting not available,You need to promote to moderator
    imamul
    Spectator
    Hi Sorry about this, just to confirm: 1) Teachers should only put courses into batches, no need for groups, so how do i remove the group option from course settings - i will just leave batch options. 2) How do i remove the following list of settings: Course duration Course duration parameter Prerequisite course Batch display Hide expired course batches PREVIOUS UNIT COMPLETION LOCK COURSE TYPE UNIT CONTENT (OFFLINE COURSES) COURSE BUTTON (OFFLINE COURSES) COURSE PROGRESS (OFFLINE COURSES) AUTO PROGRESS (OFFLINE COURSES) POST REIVEWS (OFFLINE COURSES) COURSE EVALUATION DRIP FEED COURSE CERTIFICATE PASSING PERCENTAGE CERTIFICATE TEMPLATE COURSE BADGE COURSE RETAKES MAXIUM SEATS IN COURSE I do not want any teachers to be able to modify these default settings so how do i remove? From Components: Course Group From Pricing: Remove Course pricing >> Set to Free But keep Invite for Application
    imamul
    Spectator
    3) How do i make sure students can apply for course so teacher can make sure the right student is allowed on the course?
    Scott Lang
    Hi, Use this wplms custom nav plugin https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-course-custom-nav-plugin/ This plugin help you to show and hide the nav buttons 1-Group option can not be removed for course create page. 2-In batch if user is added in batch then automatically added in course too.So as instructor can not restrict for particular student to be in course.    
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Help Removing Course Setup Extras and Enrol in Batch Error’ is closed to new replies.