Hiding Menu Items

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Hiding Menu Items

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mattkeil
    Participant
    Hello, I'm using this website for high school students and for security and e-safety reasons, some features of the website I need to hide. Firstly, once a student logs in, their username is displayed on the top right. When clicked it brings up a menu: Dashboard - Courses - Stats - Settings. I would like the hide the 'settings' option of this menu. How do I do this? Secondly, in the dashboard area for students, there is a menu on the left: Dashboard - Courses - Profile - Forums - Settings. I would like to hide the Profile, Forums and Settings items on this menu. Please could you advise me on how to do this as well. Thanks
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) To remove the settings from the profile dropdown menu, add the bellow code in the wplms-customizer.php file present in your wplms customizer plugin (wp-admin->plugins->editor->wplms customizer plugin) add_filter('wplms_logged_in_top_menu','loggedin_profile_menu_dropdown',999); function loggedin_profile_menu_dropdown($loggedin_menu) {   unset($loggedin_menu['settings']);   return $loggedin_menu; } 2) You can remove any menu tab from the profile menu by adding this code in  the wplms-customizer.php file: add_action('bp_setup_nav','bp_remove_menu_tabs_from_user_profile',999); function bp_remove_menu_tabs_from_user_profile() {   if(!bp_is_my_profile()){     bp_core_remove_nav_item('forums');     bp_core_remove_nav_item('settings');   } } However the profile cannot be removed from here as of now. But buddypress has added a feature in its latest version where we can create our custom template for this. But for this you'll have to wait because right now the profile is needed to show this page. Moreover the profile will show the students certificates, badges earned and their information and they can change their profile photo from there. So it doesn't make any sense to remove it. But if there is some particular things you want to remove, then let me know.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding Menu Items’ is closed to new replies.