Home page translation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Home page translation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Loyability
    Spectator
    Hi there, I'm using WPML to translate the theme and pages in French. I set the course directory as my home page. The problem is that the French courses do not appear on the home page while viewing the site in French. In fact, the home page is completely blank in French since there is no content in it and the default template is chosen for it. Even the sidebar isn't displayed. I'm using the WPLMS modern child theme btw. Thanks.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well please note that the Wpml plugin is not 100% compatible with buddypress . The problem generally appears with directories of buddypress . There can only be one course directory page can be set in wplms with wpml and it shows all the courses on the directory page . You need to check if the courses in french are published or not ?
    Loyability
    Spectator
    The single courses are published in French but do not appear in the course directory. Is there a way to go around this and make the directory bilingual?  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Are you using buddypress multi lingual plugin also ?
    Loyability
    Spectator
    No, I wasn't but I just downloaded and activated this plugin. The courses in French now appear in the directory which is great but the page title is always shown in English even when the user language is French. Is there a way to translate the page title via WPML?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Not exactly, the limitation of WPML is that it works in the WordPRess framework, whereas in BuddyPRess it does not work properly. So in directory pages it would not translate to other langauges. BuddyPRess multilingual on the other hand creates multiple options per language and you can create multiple directory pages based on selected language.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Home page translation’ is closed to new replies.