How to add Subtittles to Vimeo Hosted WPLMS v4

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues How to add Subtittles to Vimeo Hosted WPLMS v4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    kenetork
    Participant
    Hi, I am interested on having my site in 2 languages, but I need to be sure if I can add subs to the already loaded videos I am hosting the videos on vimeo if this is possible with WPLMS v4 and if yes please explain how in detail please, thanks!
    Veronica
    hi in Vimeo videos' subtitles are already available if you added any video with a subtitle it will work you need to add video from HTML element
    kenetork
    Participant
    How to add that vimeo video then? i mean about the integration, please explain me the process and that HTML thing
    Veronica
    hi check this video: http://somup.com/cr6ujc3CmQ
    kenetork
    Participant
    ok, so using video units is not working to have the vimeo allowing you add substitles? I mean, if i use a regular video unit for the curriculum would the player have the option to check subtitles or no? thta video explains porrly considering the video is being embedded in a tiny size aswell. I never saw anything about subtittes either, this is not helping me at all. please consider my support request properly, thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Actually the player supports the captions but there is an ongoing issue with it : https://github.com/sampotts/plyr/issues/877 for the video being tiny please use the [iframevideo]<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/632819572?h=ceaad11d83" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/iframevideo] in the html .
    kenetork
    Participant
    So even using that code will the video have issues with the captions? so is not a final solution, right? or you have the fix for this? I need to avoid reuploading the same video on vimeo just with subs, I just want the ability to have those subs available for a user who just speak english and not spanish, is this s aproper solution and beasided that will this work using the WPML plugin?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    There is other solution as well using elementor to embed vimeo unit in units . We have elementor units in wplms in which you can add vimeo video easily by adding elementor video block . The other way is using our own html block in our editor . These are the only ways right now for vimeo video with captions .
    kenetork
    Participant
    So there is no way to add a video where people can just select the desired subs like a native youtube video or vimeo video? I mean, you player can't do that? and if not how do you reccomend to do a multi language site using the same videowith just one languagae and not having the vide rendered 2 or more times with the subs burned in?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    this was very simply if our plyrjs third party library was working fine with vimeo captions . But since its not working the only way to make it work is to use the vimeo iframe embed code .
    kenetork
    Participant
    That's sad, will that library could be updated to fix this issue soon?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We are all waiting for the vimeo or some other develpoer to fix the issue with captions : https://github.com/sampotts/plyr/issues/877
    kenetork
    Participant
    So you think this will be done anytime soon? or no, can you talk wth the developer about it?
    Veronica
    hi as @Alex mentioned in his replies this issue is coming from player.js you can use elementor units or iframe videos instead
    kenetork
    Participant
    Ok, thaks, could you please explain me about how to use this elementor units for videos with sybs please? I am looking forward to it!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.