How To Create Taxonomy & Terms & Slugs & Carousel

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How To Create Taxonomy & Terms & Slugs & Carousel

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    buramiko
    Spectator
    Hi is there a detailed documentation for beginners of using all the functions in your theme? I'm having a lot of trouble searching in this forum on how to create some "BASIC" functions such as "create taxonomy slug" all the posts here are about more advanced questions. Anyway, my questions are :
    1. How to create/edit new taxonomy and slugs for courses and units ? For example courses that can be subsidized by government
    2. I believe there are already existing taxonomy and slugs created e.g. location, tags, course categories, instructors etc.? Where can I find the list of these taxonomies and slugs?
    3. When creating vibe carousel it asks for "Taxonomy" and "Taxonomy Term", say if I want to display Course Categories, what should I enter here? I tried entering "course-cat" but it doesn't work.
    4. When creating vibe taxonomy carousel it asks for "Taxonomy Slug", again I tried enter "course-cat" but front result is "No Terms Found".
    5. Will I be able to edit the existing taxonomy slugs?
    Thanks.
    Diana
    Participant
    @buramiko
    1. Currently there are 3 taxonomies for the courses: Course cat, Course level, Course location

2. Currently, there is no setting or feature available in wplms through which you can add new taxonomy. But yes, you can add new categories from wp-admin > LMS > Course Category

3. & 4. I need to check the settings of your page builder. Only then i can give you solution.

4. yes you can change the slugs from wp-admin > Settings > Permalinks

To know more about wplms, please refer this doc: https://vibethemes.github.io/wplms-docs/

buramiko
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    buramiko
    Spectator
    @Diana Hi any updates please? thanks.
    Diana
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    buramiko
    Spectator
    @Diana Thanks. But this video DID NOT show what to put in "taxonomy slug" field when creating such course category carousel. I already tried the following: 1. I used Page Builder to create a Course Category Carousel, entered term slugs "finance, legal" (which are the slugs for the course categories that I created). 2. Saved Page Builder, Updated Homepage 3. No carousel created at frontend and keeps showing error message "Please save the page builder changes!". I also tried : 1. I used WPBakery Page Builder to create a Vibe Taxonomy Carousel and entered "finance,legal" as term slugs but frontend shows "No terms found". I also tried : 1. I used WPBakery Page Builder to create a Vibe Carousel and entered "course-cat" as Taxonomy and "finance,legal" as term slugs but frontend shows "Please save the page builder changes!" -- I didn't even created this with Page Builder (and I disabled it in backend too!) Can you please just give me some concrete solution instead of pointing me to watch useless videos which didn't solve my problems? thanks.
    Diana
    Participant
    @buramiko, If you are trying something and still it shows in the front end that save the changes in the page builder. That means you are not hitting on update button after clicking save changes. Refer: http://prntscr.com/k7y8uo I checked your site. This is the screenshot of your course categories. Until the order is not set it will not be visible in taxonomies in the frontend. So, I have set the order. When you are trying to show particular categories by entering the slug of the courses. But it still not show the categories. That is because, the category is not associated with the course. I have done the same settings on your vibe taxonomy as i have shown you in the video and it is working fine. It only shows the finance category because only that category is having a course. Rest of the category styling is done with the help of css. If you find the video useless. Then you can also use demo switcher to check the demo 10 home page backend(then you'll get the idea of styling it as well)
    buramiko
    Spectator
    Thank you, it's all done now :)
    Diana
    Participant
    @buramiko, Thanks for confirming. Closing the topic
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How To Create Taxonomy & Terms & Slugs & Carousel’ is closed to new replies.