How to customize footer and header?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues How to customize footer and header?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ranamj1987
    Participant
    I am not able to remove the Slider name from the home page. And if I don't keep the name of the slider then error occurs and slider doesn't load. Second, I wish to customize the footer. I am not able to do that. How to customize the footer ? And How to change the size and place of the social media icons? I am only getting few options and In the widget section as well there is not option to change the place of the social media icon. I tried everything. Footer: Social media icon                 Pages                                Subscribe now icon with name             About us page                Box and subscribe now button below icon with name icon with name Lower footer: Copy right message in single line and link of privacy page disclaimer page t and c in single line   This is how I want my footer. How to do that?    
    Diana
    Participant
    @ranamj1987 For removing the slider you have to actually delete that component in which slider is showing. Edit your page and remove that container in which slider is added. In this way, it will be removed completely from your site
    For Footer, I want to first ask which demo you are using right now
    ranamj1987
    Participant
    Thanks for the reply but I solved it using your articles. But I have now new doubts. 1) I want to put a search bar on the blog page. However, I don't know how to do that as Elementor is not loading on that page and I am not able to fix the error. I want the blog page look like the Demo 2. In which there is image on the top and inside the image there is a search bar. I want the same for the forum page. Please guide me how to do that using the layer slider or the wordpress editor. 2) Now want to edit the top footer and put three columns in it. In the first column I want social media icons with names. Second I want blog ( But I know how to do that no issues) in the third column I want to add the "Subscribe us" button. Now how to add the social media icons and subscribe us button the top footer. Please help me with this. 3) I want to remove the logo from the bottom footer. Please tell me how to do that. If I remove my footer then your logo is displaying. 4) I want to increase the size of my main logo on the header. I mean I wish to increase it's width. 5) Please give me the link on guide which tell me "How to create course?" That would be great help. If there is a video. I would be glad. 6) there are certain errors with the elementor. They don't work. For example, using the elementor text editor I am not able to use bullets. They are visible on the editor but not on the page. I am also not able to increase the size of the text using elementor. 7) I want to edit the permalinks styles a little. I mean that any link that is generated should be related to the page on which it is created and not on main page link. I mean that if I write a blog then the link should be in the /blog/xyzzzzz format. and not immienglish.com/xyzzzzz. I want to do that same for forum page. How to do that? 8) There is a problem regarding the use of google fonts api. If I restrict the api to immienglish.com using the html referrer then google fonts won't load in the theme. Please help me how to fix this. 9)Lastly, is there any article that tells me how to make space for advertisement on my home page and all the other pages? Note: I am not using any demo. I have installed the blank theme and created all the things without sample data. Waiting for your response. Thanks and regards Manoj Rana  
    Diana
    Participant
    @ranamj1987 There are a lot of issues you posted here :) Issue 1: Add search bar on Blog page like Demo 2 Blog page is a page which will show all your posts. All the posts listed here. It is not possible to show a search bar in the slider like demo 2 home page because this is not a static page. It's a blog page Issue 2: Footer in 3 columns You can set the columsn from wp-admin > WPLMS > footer > Footer Sidebar Issue 3: Change Footer Logo possible from wp-admin > wplms > footer Issue 4: Increase logo size of header Need your site URL to share site specific CSS Issue 5: How to create course https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkSeHimJGF8 Issue 6: Elementor Bullets Yes, I guess this is an issue. Don't worry this will be fixed in wplms 4.0 Issue 7: Permalink style Change Not possible to change at this level Issue 8: Google Font API Please do not add the key restrictions and then use it Issue 9: Advertisement for home page Can you please elaborate a bit what kind of advertisement
    ranamj1987
    Participant
    Hello Diana, first of all thank you for such a long reply. I really appreciate your efforts. However, some of my concerns are unattended. Let me clarify that I am not a expert programmer in wordpress and I am just a beginner. I don't have much coding experience. So, please co-operate with me. I would be really glad. Issue 1: Add search bar on Blog page like Demo 2 Okay, if that is not possible. However, can you please tell me how I can put a banner or change the header from the blog page or a slider or anything. I just don't like the default tile. https://immienglish.com/blog/ I want to change this to a better one. And I want to change the text as well. I want to write BLOG instead of my website name. Can you please tell me how to do that? Issue 2: Footer in 3 columns Now, this issues has remained completely unanswered. I know that I can see the column. And how to do that I know as well. My concern is different. Please read it carefully. I want to add the "Subscribe us" button. Now how to add the social media icons and subscribe us button in the top footer. Please help me with this. I didn't find any options to add the social media buttons and also subscribe button. One of your demo has this option. Issue 3: Change Footer Logo If I do this then your logo starts to display. I have to forcefully keep my logo so that your logo is not getting displayed. Please help me fix this. Issue 4: Increase logo size of header https://immienglish.com/ Please help me custom CSS. Issue 6: Elementor Bullets When this update will be released? And by the way, I tried to update the theme as I see some updates available. But they don't get update. I provided the username and password and the purchase code in the WPLMS admin panel. But nothing happens. Issue 9: Advertisement for home page Google advertisement on the side panel just like you have on the right side of this forum page. Issue 10: Forum page I want to change the look of my forum page to like this one I am using right now. Just like this WPLMS forum page. With a small banner and huge Search button. How to do that? Please guide me.  I didn't found anything on the internet to do this. They say it depends on theme. How to make my forum page like this page https://wplms.io/support/forums Exactly, like ths. Issue 11: I want to reduce the height of the bottom footer. And all the text should be in one line. The links and the copyright text. Please help me with these issues now. It would be really a great help. Waiting for your response. Thanks and regards Manoj Rana <p class="MsoNormal"></p>
    Diana
    Participant
    @ranamj1987 Don't worry I will explain everything in detail here. All the CSS will be pasted in wp-admin > appearance > customize > custom css Issue 1: Add search bar on Blog page like Demo 2 This CSS code will work for you, you can change the code in this css according to your requirement. Just pass the hex color code .blog.modern .pusher #title{background:#ff0000 !important;} Add this CSS in wp-admin > Appearance > Customize > Custom CSS > Publish refer: http://prntscr.com/t89ejg Issue 2: Footer in 3 columns When you add social media icon in wplms->social information->social media button. Then if you want it to occur in the footer then please go to wplms->footer->footer bottom and choose social media icons, refer: http://prntscr.com/a7buv3 For Subscribe Us Button in bottom footer ---> go to wp-admin > Appearance > Widgets > Subscribe widget add in bottom footer sidebar and you are good to go Issue 3: Change Footer Logo Already resolved: http://prntscr.com/t89h9n Issue 4: Increase logo size of the header Size seems to be fixed by you, but wherever you added this custom CSS, increase the px size to make it bigger http://prntscr.com/t89hok Issue 6: Elementor Bullets This will be fixed in wplms 4.0. We are creating our own editor so this problem will no longer exists in wplms Try automatic update OR above not works, then this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAxv6SwAgtw Issue 9: Advertisement for home page We have added widgets for that, and on home page widgets will not work so you have to add the advertisement on header or somewhere else Issue 10: Forum page For forums, we are also using BBpress functionality. And it's just that we added some custom CSS according to our requirement to make it like this which we can't share with you Issue 11: I want to reduce the height of the bottom footer. And all the text should be in one line. The links and the copyright text. This CSS will work #footerbottom { padding:20px 0 20px !important; } You can change the px according to your requirement
    ranamj1987
    Participant
    Hello Diana, Thank you for your response. Issue 1 : Header of the Blog page. My question remains unanswered. I want to change the text to 'Blog'. I don't need the name of my website to be repeated again and again. I want to write 'Blog' or put any image in the tile. How to do that? Issue 2 : Top footer A) Now, I don't see any widget  with Subscribe option prebuilt. Do I need to add a third party plugin for the subscribe functionality? B) I removed my logo from the WPLMS footer image section and now you can check yourself what happened. I want nothing over there. Just the text of my website name. That also doesn't appear in one line. Second, I need social icons in the top footer and not in the bottom footer. If I choose social icon the list of the pages I have displayed over there for 'Privacy' and other pages they disappear. There is no option to add 'social icon' to top footer. Please check that. I have confirmed it. I want social icons on the left side of top footer. Issue 3 : Footer logo. Check it again. It is not resolved. An ugly text appears as soon as I remove the footer logo. I just want a plain text with Copyright text in a single line and not in two lines. Please help me with this. Issue 4 : Increasing the logo width. I tried to edit it in the Dashboard customizer but nothing happens, I don't see any changes. I only get the option to change the height. I am not getting the option to change the width. I cannot see the option to change the width of the logo. Even if I increase the size of the pixel it doesn't have any impact. I see no difference. I tried 100 times. Issue 5 : Advertisement Can you help me with the name of the widget I need to use or download any plugin for that. How to do it? Issue 6 : Automatic update It's a horror the way you told me to update everytime. Anyways, when the 4.0 update is coming so that I can resolve the bullets issues. It's given a huge hassle. And I will also check if the auto update is working or not. Issue 7 : Forum page Okay, I got it that you can't share your custom CSS with me. But can you guide me how to edit the forum page. The current page is extremely ugly. I don't like it at all. Any guide or article or plugin that can help me in this case. Lastly, on the tile of the forum page some text appears and it looks ugly. How to remove it. Issue 8: Basic appearance of normal pages Can you please tell me how I can modify the basic appearance of all the pages. It seems the default one is not good enough. How I can edit it and create something of my own? Issue 9 : User registration page I want to edit the user registration page look. The current one is very basic and not at all appealing. How to do that. I don't see any option to do that. How to do that ? Moreover, there are numerous inconsistency on the registration page. As soon as I add some custom fields some lines appear in the upper case and some in lower case. Moreover, How I can edit the welcome text or the informational text to guide the student. One more issue. I wish to add the country drop down bar in the registration page. Do I need to add all the countries one by one? Moreover, I want all the fields in the center not on the left side alignment. Please help me with this as well.  
    Veronica
    hi, i am trying to understand the entire stuff provided by you. for issue 1.. if you want to translate the word blog then we can do it with java script so please provide page url. I want to write 'Blog' or put any image in the tile. How to do that? for that you can check the blog page in wp-admin>>pages 2...... can you please explain because the way to add social icon is this: https://prnt.sc/a7buv3 if you want something different from this then you can share the screenshot with us. and also we don't have your credentials to check anything so please also provide them in separate private reply. 3...... please provide the exact screenshot for that we can fix it with the help of custom css so please provide credentials. 4........ please provide the screenshot for which one you want to increase the width we will provide you the custom css code for that and then you can change it accordingly as per your need. 5........ for advertisement you can use any third party plugin but we can't suggest any one because i have never tested them on the setup  for 7, 8 and 9 ........ you can edit the normal pages with the elementor and if you want to edit some items which you are unable to do with elementor then you can edit them with the custom css custom css always added to wp-admin>>appearance>>customize>>custom css but as point 7,8,9 are related to styling section so it will be great if you create separate topic for them in styling section of the forum.  
    Veronica

dear,

it's a request if you have more than one query then please create separate topics for them

it will increase your response time and you can get your solution in less time

you can create topics under the specified category like:

for general : how-to/others/setup sections

for styling: styling section

for translation: translation section etc...

to resolve queries in faster way create separate topics for all queries

i hope you understand

thank you!

ranamj1987
    Participant
    I would explain you each and everything in details with screenshot. However, will you tell me how to insert image in this text box?? I am not able to insert the screenshot. When I try to click on the image it ask me the 'source'. I can give the path of my file from my pc but it is not getting uploaded. How to do this first?
    Veronica
    hi, yes you can use this for sharing the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/ and don't forget to  create topics under the specified category like:

for general : how-to/others/setup sections

for styling: styling section

for translation: translation section etc...

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘How to customize footer and header?’ is closed to new replies.