How to disable access of single instructor to all courses made by admin?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting How to disable access of single instructor to all courses made by admin?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Hello guys, I found that each instructor has access to all courses made by admin even if they are drafts. You get access to all published courses If you go to all courses page. But if you mark some of them as drafts, they are still available on all courses page for other instructors. Plse, how to disable this access and make only published courses available for all kind of members?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please go to wp-admin->wplms->course manager->force instructor content privacy, and set it to YES. Now instructors cannot see other instructors or admin's course content and also the draft courses.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Thanks for reply. Yes, it works when you click directly on the course (content). But every instructor still able to see all courses as items(published, private and drafts). We don't want to show draft courses on the page. Drafts should be visible only for those who make these courses. Please, see attachment. Is there any other settings to fix it? With regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The draft courses are by default hidden from all the users even instructors. Please make sure your theme and plugins are updated to latest version.  
    Alex Named
    Participant
    It was updated with new modern theme 2.1 week ago. Plugins were also updated that moment when I found this issue.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    No. It's not working. I updated wplms and wplms modern theme to latest version. All plugins are also updated.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Ok, please wait I am checking, will share a video of how this works on my setup... Please make sure to confirm this you're checking as instructor ? Also, please confirm if you're using CoAuthors plugin for multiple instructors per course.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Yes, I'm logged in as instructor. CoAuthors plugin was active. I deactivate the plugin to check if it works but issue is not resolved. Now CoAuthors is active.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I am unable to replicate the issue on my test setup, the draft courses are not visible in course directory for instructors. Please make sure your theme and plugins are all updated to the latest versions i.e. 2.1.1 Also make sure the course directory page is not cached. If the issue persists then please share the site url and the admin credentials with us to check the issue on your setup. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the admin credentials.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Please, you can use credentials below. Site url: http://quantor.co/all-courses/ You can login as instructor by using the following credentials: Credentials for instructor: Login: Tester2 Pswrd: 000000 Credentials for student: Login: Tester Pswrd: 000000
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials, I also found your admin credentials from your other topic. I checked your site and found out that the issue is in the modern theme only. So I added a code in the modern theme file which resolved the issue. Please check and confirm. The fix will also be available in the next update of modern theme, thanks for reporting this to us.
    Alex Named
    Participant
    Latiyan, thank you. The issue is resolved. Good Job!!!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for confirming, so marking the topic as resolved and closing the topic.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘How to disable access of single instructor to all courses made by admin?’ is closed to new replies.