how to remove wordpress autop

Home Forums Chit Chat General Discussion how to remove wordpress autop

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    the wordpress autop is causing so much issues in my latex. How to disable the wordpress auto formatting feature?
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    I want to disable the br tags automatically put by wordpress when I go to newline and not the <p> tags.
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    After browsing through several sites. I learn that disabling entirely may cause more issues. In this link http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24166451/wordpress-remove-br-tags-on-one-specific-page-or-page-template they told that br tags can be removed for specific pages only. when I try this code .page-id-123 .content br { display:none; } It didn't work out(I changed the page id to the ID mentioned at LMS->all units). I have 20 units with mathematics where I use LATEX for equations and matrix. I want to remove only br tags for those 20 pages only. I have the screenshot of the issue.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    These br tags cannot be displayed none, because in this certain scenario, the br tag is not a html tag rather its displayed as an image by the php.   So whenever you write a latex, switch to text mode in the wp-editor and clean your latex by removing br tags.
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    In text mode the br tags automatically created by wordpress cannot be seen.
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    some matrices can be used in latex single line. There I am not getting the issue. Only in border matrix the latex is multi line.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please let us know which plugin you are using for latex. We will try to replicate the issue on our test site and let you know the solution to this issue.
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    I am using jetpack beautiful math for the latex usage.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I have tested latex on my site and its working fine, refer: http://prntscr.com/a7qp72 Please share you latex code which you are using, to replicate the issue.
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    yes, the single line latex codes didn't give me a issue. But multiline like this is creating the issue. This code's output is in the screenshot attached. [latex] A = \bordermatrix{~ & TV & DVD &Video games & CD players\cr ~ & 30 & 15 & 12 & 10 \cr ~ & 40 & 20 & 15 & 15 \cr ~ & 25 & 18 & 10 & 12 \cr}[/latex][latex]\begin{matrix} \text{Store I} \\ \text{Store II} \\ \text{Store III} \end{matrix} [/latex]   B = [latex]\left( \begin{matrix} 25&12&8&6 \\ 32&10&10&12 \\ 22&15&8&10 \end{matrix}\right)[/latex][latex]\begin{matrix} \text{Store I} \\ \text{Store II} \\ \text{Store III} \end{matrix} [/latex]   [latex] A+B = \bordermatrix{~ & TV & DVD &Video games & CD players\cr ~ & 30 & 15 & 12 & 10 \cr ~ & 40 & 20 & 15 & 15 \cr ~ & 25 & 18 & 10 & 12 \cr}[/latex]   +    [latex]\left( \begin{matrix} 25&12&8&6 \\ 32&10&10&12 \\ 22&15&8&10 \end{matrix}\right)[/latex]  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Did you try removing the extra spaces in your latex generated code ? example : [latex] A = \bordermatrix{~ & TV & DVD &Video games & CD players\cr~ & 30 & 15 & 12 & 10 \cr~ & 40 & 20 & 15 & 15 \cr~ & 25 & 18 & 10 & 12 \cr}[/latex][latex]\begin{matrix}\text{Store I} \\\text{Store II} \\\text{Store III}\end{matrix} [/latex] p.s : This issue is no where connected to the theme as the same latex code works exactly the same way in posts as well. 
    vivekanandan
    Participant
    not yet. I tried the latex code you provided and it is working. Thank you.
    kosir
    Participant
    You could try Advanced TinyMCE for removing p and br links. I haven't used it for some time but I know it had that option.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘how to remove wordpress autop’ is closed to new replies.