How to translate the header?

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues How to translate the header?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    xyz911
    Spectator
    Hello, I want to know how to translate the header of the website? On left part of the header is some contact information On the right part, it's member | activity | cart | username My website has already installed WPML, and using demo 9 for theme tamplate. Thanks!!
    xyz911
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    Dear, for the header please follow the steps:
    1. http://prntscr.com/qjz6mx this is coming from WPLMS>>Header>>Header Top Content check: http://prntscr.com/qjz70o so you can directly enter the data here as per your need and language that you want.
    2. and for this: http://prntscr.com/qjz7qt there are two situations they all are coming from the theme so please search the string in the theme section in loco translate or you can also check for the pages if the first method doesn't make any impact so please check the pages and then directly change the name of the pages(members/activity/cart).
    3. and the name of the user will display according to the name inserted in the user profile if you have set the name of the user in English then it will be shown up in the English and if you want it to be shown in another language then insert the data in the language that you want to show.
    xyz911
    Spectator
    Hi,thank you for replying. for point 1, if I put the translated content in this section, how the content can switch the language when the website switches to english version?  Or this part can not be translated by different language? point 2. I installed WPML, so I will check the string translation. and rename the page names to have a try.
    logan
    Hello, this is coming from the theme settings. this does not have any page to modify in different languages. anyways give me some time I will write a custom Js code to fix this for you. please share the admin url and credentials in a private reply so that i can test the codes. to remember: jQuery(document).ready(function($){if(document.documentElement.lang.toLowerCase() === "zh-hans" ) { alert("xyz" );}});
    xyz911
    Spectator
    logan
    logan
    Hello, paste this code in wp-admin >> wplms >> footer >> google analytics code. <script> jQuery(document).ready(function($){ var language = document.getElementsByTagName("html")[0].getAttribute("lang"); if( language == "zh-hans" ) { $("div#headertop .headertop_content span.simplified-lang ").text("put your chinese version text here"); }else{ $("div#headertop .headertop_content span.simplified-lang ").text("put your english version text here"); } }); </script>
    xyz911
    Spectator
    logan
    xyz911
    Spectator
    I have studied about the translation guide and made some fix, these problems have been resolved. I forgot to reply. Many thanks, you are the best!
    Veronica
    lovely! happy to know it is solved so for now closing this ticket.
    logan

thank you so much for your kind words.for all my efforts, i hope you wouldn't mind writing a detailed review about your experience with WPLMS and our customer support.

Here: https://themeforest.net/item/wplms-learning-management-system/reviews/6780226

If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Closing this topic.

Swimmingly !!

Logan

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘How to translate the header?’ is closed to new replies.