I mistakenly create new language before editing template

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues I mistakenly create new language before editing template

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    Hello, I need to translate the my site to Vietnamese. I followed the instruction here however misunderstood it https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/translate-using-loco-translate-plugin/ I added new language but had skipped the part of 'edit template'. Now I have spent day translating it but don't see language updated on my site. Is there anyway I can fix this ? Or I have to do it all over again ? Thank you very much.
    hothaibinh
    Participant
    I follow your instruction correctly this time on woo commerce plugin but the translation is still not effective, can't see the Vietnamese text I input in front end. This is what I did:
    1. Loco translate  -> Woo commerce
    2. Edit template -> Sync -> Save
    3. Add new language
    • Choose a new language = Vietnamese
    • Choose location = System
    • Translate the text -> save -> sync
    Do I miss anything ?   Thank you a lot
    Jackson
    Blocked
    you need to follow this for every plugin one by one.

you need to copy the translations file into a global folder, which is wp-content >> language.

note: in your case strings are coming from buddypress and wplms theme.profile related details comes from buddypress and wplms theme. please search your string in these folders. please have a look at video for better understand.

you need to translate every string from all plugins and theme. translated them one by one. On every update local files will be affected so that you need to put these translated files into global folders. it will prevent string loss from the update.

here is how you can achieve this.

Note: in this, I am using my local test setup site language which is "Português do Brasil". you have to select your site language.

Always sync and save the pot file 

Note: Always copy local .Po | .Mo files into the global folder. it will prevent from translation string loss while updating theme/ plugins

1. then goto wp-admin > loco translate > theme/plugin > theme name / plugin name.
    2. Copy author file to system file.
    3. the author stands for local file and the system stands for the global file.
    4. once your done copying. from now you have to translate a string in global (system) file.

These steps should be followed for all plugins and themes in which you are making any changes.

hothaibinh
    Participant
    Thank you. I have just found my site updated with new language today. Maybe it take a while for the changes to be effective. I understand about how to use an existing language. I created the new language directly into the system location and I didn't create template like the instruction link recommended. It works now, will there be a problem in the future ?
    Jackson
    Blocked
    no dear it wont be ever. you are safe. may i close this topic?
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘I mistakenly create new language before editing template’ is closed to new replies.