I want to hide activity stream.

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting I want to hide activity stream.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    I want to Remove from User tab one thing, When the user name is clicked it opens a dialog with user options. I want to remove Activities from there. I had emailed support about this, I was advised to "Hide" it instead of disabling activity stream. I was told it is one line CSS solution which will be revealed if I create a post in support forums. Pl tell me how I can hide "activity" stream? Thanks in Advance.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I am not clear from where you want to hide it. Do you want to hide it from the user profile page ? If yes then use the bellow css in your appearance->customize->custom css: .bp-user #item-nav #activity-personal-li {display:none;} If not then please clarify it with a screenshot.
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    Thanks for quick reply. Is there a way to remove "Activity" form place shown in screenshot?
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    Screenshot in case you didn't get it.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6PcrimR1qaOTmFrY3Q2bkk4QmM/view?usp=sharing   Also, I want that student should not be able to download, share video modules in my courses, how can I go about it?  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    1) Sorry this is the wordpress admin bar and the individual links can not be removed from here. However you can hode the complete bar conditionally, go to wp-admin->wplms->buddypress->hide wp admin bar for , and set it accordingly. 2) Please refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/remove-attachment-from-course-units/
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    Thanks for the reply. Regarding second point, I don't mean to remove Video from Unit. Let me put my requirement in Detail, 1. My Units are videos. 2. I don't want students to be able to Fast Forward. 3. I want my student to complete video before being able to take test 4. I don't want my students to be able to Download OR Share the videos. Right now If I add a video to a Unit, A download link is displayed OR even worse download of video starts automatically. I don't want that. I need a video player with only Play/Pause button. No progress bar, No download link, No sharing option, Nothing.  
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    Installing unattach takes care of download links at bottom. But, My Unit Videos are not playing right now. Instead they just start downloading.   Also, Kindly go through my previous post. Those are precise guidelines by my client. I am not being able to implement them and am in a soup right now. Need Urgent help.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    2) For this please refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/seek-lock-in-unit-media-lock/ 3) For this the switch is provided in the wp-admin->wplms->courses manager. 4) For this try using third party plugin such as vimeo videos etc.
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    I have already implemented  2. But, I can't check for videos hosted in my site as I said in 4) No vidoes in my Units are playing right now. They just start downloadinloding automatically as soon as Unit page loads. Video Player remains Blank. 2) is definitely not working on videos embeded from Vimeo OR YT.
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    I was able to check and prevention of seek function is not working in Units.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please refer this tutorial to embed the videos in the unit: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/embedding-videos-in-units/ Also let me know what extension are you using fro your videos. Also share the site url and the admin credentials with us to check the seek lock issue on your website. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    orangesnowman
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials with us but I guess you forgot to share the site url to login these credentials. Please share the site url also to check this.
    orangesnowman
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘I want to hide activity stream.’ is closed to new replies.