I want to hide functions in the dashboard menu of students

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting I want to hide functions in the dashboard menu of students

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    gaou
    Spectator
    Hello, I want to simplify the menu of student dashboard, because there is a lot of functions that I  do not need. And I want my site to look simpler . How could I hide all of these button ?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, You can remove the menu items from buddypress profile by using the below code in wplms-customizer.php file present in wp-admin->plugins->editor->select wplms customizer plugin: add_action('bp_setup_nav','bp_remove_menu_tabs_from_user_profile',999); function bp_remove_menu_tabs_from_user_profile() {       bp_core_remove_nav_item('forums');       bp_core_remove_nav_item('groups'); bp_core_remove_nav_item('achivements'); }   You can similarly remove or add more items in the code according to your requirements.  
    gaou
    Spectator
    Cool ! Thank you very much ! Is there any documentation to know the list of keywords that are assimilated to functions displayed in this menu ? Because I want to hide "stats" and "results", in sub-menus, but can't find the good words to put in the code you give me. And for the "notifications" button, before hidding it, I want to know what kind of notifications are displayed here. Forum replies ? private messages ? new courses ? etc ... Is there any documentation to know it too ? Thank's !
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, This is the buddypress profile menu, are only few menu items that is added by wplms, some are added by buddypress and others are added by third party plugins. Since these menu items are not created by  a single plugin or theme therefore there is no documentation for this. -------------------- The notification is added by buddypress, and all the message and buddypress related notifications are shown there. The course related notifications will be shown there only if you enable to send notifications for courses using the touch points (lms->settings->touch points). If you want to hide the notification or do not want to use the notification feature, then you can simply go to wp-admin->settings->buddypress->components->notifications, and disable this component. You can disable any component from there according to your requirements. But please make sure you do not disable the activity component because this is the only required component for wplms to work properly. The sub menu items such as results, stats can be hidden by using custom css, let me know if you want the custom css for this.
    gaou
    Spectator
    Ok, thank you,   Yes, could you give me the process to hide all these button ? Thank's !
    Diana
    Participant
    @gaou, For Image 1 : To hide all those buttons, Please Go to wp_admin -> Appearance -> Widgets -> remove the widgets present under student sidebar and instructor sidebar(stats widget, instructing modules widget) refer : http://prntscr.com/h7a5m7 For Image 2 & 3 : Please Go to wp_admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> custom css place the code in the editor #course-results-personal-li {display:none !important;} #course-stats-personal-li {display:none !important;} #activity-filter-by {display:none;} #activity-groups-personal-li {display:none !important;} #activity-mentions-personal-li {display:none !important;} #activity-favs-personal-li {display:none !important;} #whats-new-form h5 {display:none !important;}
    gaou
    Spectator
    Cool, thank you very much !
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘I want to hide functions in the dashboard menu of students’ is closed to new replies.