I am planning how to go live with my site. I have 300 users in 5 different classes with expiration dates from Dec 15 to the October 2017.
I would like to set import: login (username), temporary password, First Name, Last Name, E-mail address and City into the User file
I do not want the users to be notified that they have been added to the new site yet.
Then I’d like to use the Bulk assign courses to students in WPLMS video steps to assign students to courses without them receiving any notification.
So my questions are:
- Is there a way to upload my users?
- How do I set a temporary password?
- Can I be sure that no notification is being sent out when they are set up as a user on the site?
- How do I make sure there is no notification being sent to the student when they are enrolled in a class with the bulk upload
- When I am ready to go live, how do I get the users to activate their account and set their password?
Using this method you can add bulk students to a course.
If the students doesn’t exists then it will create new users automatically and their accounts will be activated automatically.
The password for these newly created users will be their username only i.e. the username and password will be the same.
Thank you, I’ll test it out. I can then email them to ask them to change their passwords. That’s great that they are automatically activated.
Do I need to do anything to prevent them from getting notifications during this bulk upload?
Well in this whole criteria wplms do not send any notification to the user.
I am testing the import with one student. I have Robert_Williams in the user name field but when it imports it records the user name as Robert_Williamswp_user_profile
Also the student is not enrolled into the course.
Here is the course listing
One more thing. The user number I used was 103. The user entered into the file is the next number in sequence – which is fine if that is how it is supposed to work.
Ok we are checking this, please give us some time.
Thank you. Let me know if you need any other information.
Sorry, it is still not working. “wp_user_profile” was added to the username and the user is not enrolled in the course.
This is what I did:
1. I uploaded the file that you sent – user uploaded fine but, as I hadn’t changed the course ID, no enrollment in the course.
2. I modified the name of the user from brand to brandy and added a “y” to the email address. Changed the course number to 2305. See the csv file here.
3. I modified the name of the user from brand to brad and deleted the n in the email address. Changed the course number to 1166. See the csv file here.
See the user list here
See the course members for 2305 here
See the course members for 1176 here3 years, 11 months ago AlexKeymaster
CAn you please share your site url and admin credentials to check the issue by myself on your site ?
PS : mark reply as private while sharing credentials .This reply has been marked as private.
The topic ‘Importing Users and planning to "Go Live"’ is closed to new replies.