Importing Users and planning to "Go Live"

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Importing Users and planning to "Go Live"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    I am planning how to go live with my site. I have 300 users in 5 different classes with expiration dates from Dec 15 to the October 2017. I would like to set import: login (username), temporary password, First Name, Last Name, E-mail address and City into the User file I do not want the users to be notified that they have been added to the new site yet. Then I'd like to use the Bulk assign courses to students in WPLMS video steps to assign students to courses without them receiving any notification. So my questions are:
    1. Is there a way to upload my users?
    2. How do I set a temporary password?
    3. Can I be sure that no notification is being sent out when they are set up as a user on the site?
    4. How do I make sure there is no notification being sent to the student when they are enrolled in a class with the bulk upload
    5. When I am ready to go live, how do I get the users to activate their account and set their password?
    Thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/addingediting-bulk-users-in-a-course/ Using this method you can add bulk students to a course. If the students doesn't exists then it will create new users automatically and their accounts will be activated automatically. The password for these newly created users will be their username only i.e. the username and password will be the same.
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    Thank you, I'll test it out. I can then email them to ask them to change their passwords. That's great that they are automatically activated.  
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    Do I need to do anything to prevent them from getting notifications during this bulk upload?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Well in this whole criteria wplms do not send any notification to the user.
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    Thank you.
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    I am testing the import with one student. I have Robert_Williams in the user name field but when it imports it records the user name as Robert_Williamswp_user_profile Also the student is not enrolled into the course. Here is the import file Here is the user screen Here is the course listing Here is the course admin with no new users.
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    One more thing. The user number I used was 103. The user entered into the file is the next number in sequence - which is fine if that is how it is supposed to work.
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    It looks like my link for the course didn't save. Here it is again.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok we are checking this, please give us some time.
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    Thank you. Let me know if you need any other information.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok we checked the import at our test setup and find it to be working fine . Please check video : http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cD6F12jgIp Can you please try importing the csv file attached here . change the course id accordingly in the csv file .
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    Sorry, it is still not working. "wp_user_profile" was added to the username and the user is not enrolled in the course. This is what I did: 1. I uploaded the file that you sent - user uploaded fine but, as I hadn't changed the course ID, no enrollment in the course. 2. I modified the name of the user from brand to brandy and added a "y" to the email address. Changed the course number to 2305. See the csv file here. 3. I modified the name of the user from brand to brad and deleted the n in the email address. Changed the course number to 1166. See the csv file here. See the user list here See the course members for 2305 here See the course members for 1176 here  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    CAn you please share your site url and admin credentials to check the issue by myself on your site ? PS : mark reply as private while sharing credentials .
    sherylwil
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Users and planning to "Go Live"’ is closed to new replies.