Incompatibility with Essential Grid 2.2 and PHP 7

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Incompatibility with Essential Grid 2.2 and PHP 7

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi, I use Theme Punch's Essential Grid plugin, and it recently got updated. Since its 3 last versions (2.2+), I have errors on my pages with grids displaying course taxonomies (level, and course category). See links in private reply. If I set my grid not to display taxonomies, the errors are gone. When I stay with previous (2.1 version) of EG it works fine, but I can't switch to PHP 7.2 otherwise I get the same sort of issues. I tried their 3 last updates and issue remains, so I contacted their support, and here is their answer (I paid a pro support there but couldn't get more from them after many attempts to ask for more help on this). So we're at a point where they are 100% sure the issue comes from WPLMS:
    "Ask your theme author if theme's taxonomy are compatible with latest version of ESG plugin as we updated to make it compatible with latest WordPress and PHP versions."
    I rely 100% on this plugin for my course archive pages (courses, categories and levels), as WPLMS default archive was a mess when using WPML and having courses in different languages. (see my previous topics here 1 | 2 ). I don't know if this works now btw? Thanks for your help, Cheers!
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well we have resolved that issue many months ago with the help of this plugin available on wordpress.org " buddypress multilingual "  . follow this : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/wplms-with-wpml-multilingual-plugin/   checked your issue with the essential grid . It looks like Essential Grid support is novice and does not have any knowledge about their own code and logic they used . Still they are marking use responsible for the issue in their code . There is some logical mistake in their code . I have fixed this in your site and please do share them this screenshot : http://prntscr.com/it4b63  for them : I guess you should put a check for "is_array" there .    
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, As always, thanks for quick -and quality support! About Multilingual, glad to ear that, I will try using default wplms course archive one day. However in my case I like using Essential Grid, this way people can preview our music lessons without entering course details. About EG issue, Yay! Thanks for your fix! Yeah I don't like EG support, it is very cold and I always feel I have to insist to get a real interest (not to mention I paid pro support just for this issue). Plus their stupid robot is closing tickets after 7 days without replies -even from their side.. So last post on my ticket was from them, telling me they will look into my issue, and after 7 days without news my ticket was closed lol. So I had to get back there and wake them up.. No apologies on their ticket system behavior, I just got a "well, it gets closed after 7 days.." Anyways, I'm glad you're there, I just sent them your screenshot and suggestion, we'll see what they say now. Cheers!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    sure let us know their response.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, After months of waiting, they forwarded this issue to their dev team, and even after sending them what you wrote last time -and what seemed quite straightforward to me, this is the answer I got: I have shared your theme author’s solution with devs but the issue only occurring on your site but other than your site this issue isn’t occurring and they can’t change code in core files unless they are aware of the result it could produce for other users who are encountering with this issue. I have re-pushed that solution to be researched and feedback on that. I noticed that the error only happens when I "call" course taxonomies on the grid. See this screencast video. So 2 things: Could there be something wrong in WPLMS causing this? Or their plugin isn't compatible with WPLMS taxonomies? 2. I've unfortunately lost the fix you added last time as I updated their plugin without backing up the plugin files. Do you think you can add the fix again, and let me know in which file and line it goes so I can keep it on future Essential Grid updates? (I'm stuck on PHP 7.0 because I have to keep an old EG version). I am really sorry for asking you this again!! It will be much appreciated! New staging site credentials in next post. Thank you so much!
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, thanks for jumping on this so quickly. Like I said in last post, there is a new staging site. Please use the link in previous private msg (it is now staging3 instead of staging1). This is latest EG support reply after I sent the screen-cast video: <span style="color: #777777; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 15px;">This report needs to be re-reported as it is incompatibility issue between WPMLS and ESG, could you please create a screen-cast showing how/where to add course taxonomy in this theme and then add it to ESG so i can forward that screen-cast to team with report.</span> I'm not sure what to send them as course "level" taxonomy is created nu default right? I'll try adding location taxonomy and call it in an EG grid to see if the issue happens. Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    can you please provide me essential grid plugin so that i can check this function again ?
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    ok thanks please provide me some time to check this issue .Ping back for a reminder
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi please try out this corrected essential grid plugin : https://bit.ly/2CZrhQ0    
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Incompatibility with Essential Grid 2.2 and PHP 7’ is closed to new replies.