Information about video units "problem"

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Information about video units "problem"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    Hi, I have a little question (for information only): my customer says that some students, after finished a unit, they are blocked and can't go to the next unit. Clicking on "return to the course" button and than returning to the course, they can go to the next unit and the issue disappears. I set the block of the units; students can't go to the next unit until they don't finish the previous and I enabled the Video Vibe options "Enable Seek lock" and "Enable Auto mark complete unit when vimeo video finishes". I can't replicate the issue, because testing many many times I have encountered this problem only one time, and I didn't worry about it. I would just like to know, in your opinion, what the causes could be (for example student's low connection, some sort of inexplicable "bug", Vimeo temporary problem etc. etc....) I checked server values about cpu usage and ram usage but I didn't see problems; cpu had little peaks of 18% and ram max 200 mb so I don't think this could be the problem. Thank you!
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    I managed to replicate the problem, which appears randomly: as seen in the video https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cq66QEuTIn, the video unit has come to an end but the "go to next lesson" button does not appear and not even the lesson is marked as "completed". It is not even possible to watch again the video because everything is blocked. I thought it was a problem that happened because of the connection but unfortunately it is not so. I have enabled on Video Vibe settings, the options "Enable Seek lock" and "Enable Auto mark complete unit when vimeo video finishes"; could be a problem caused by the latter option? Thank you very much
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mk
    I tried to check your issue but I am unable to replicate it. I need some help from you. Please tell is this issue occurring for all courses or for specific courses? if specific please share the course URL. Is this issue occurring for both admin and students or only for students or specific users? please share all relevant course URLs that you tested and found issue in that. if possible please hare user details too. Thank you. hopefully we will find any clue by above details.
    dianaw84
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well actually the unit is not getting completed when thr video is finishing . The probelm i guess relies in the video vibe plugin somehow . We are using vimeo js player api in order to detect the video completion. We will debug this further to check please provide some time.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Information about video units "problem"’ is closed to new replies.