Instructor Front-end File Upload

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Instructor Front-end File Upload

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    canyasa
    Participant
    Hi, I am having a problem with courses created by instructors. When they upload a file or course image from course create front end they can not see what they have uploaded. On the backend(wp admin) their uploaded files look unattached. What settings do I need to apply? Thanks.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please share the screenshot of the issue for better understanding, also try deactivating the third party plugins.
    canyasa
    Participant
    When instructor upload a course cover image(or whatever they upload), it is giving this error: http://i.imgur.com/eM3InmN.jpg   Instructor can not see what they uploaded, but I(admin) can see it from media (admin panel) PS: Instructor doesn't have access to admin panel.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    thanks for shariing the screenshot . CAn you please check if the instructors are facing the same problem while uploading a small sized image(lesser than 100KB) ? If no (small picture uploading successfully)then try increasing your php memory limit ,Upload max file size  by contacting your webhost. If they are still facing the issue with smaller images then please share your site admin credentials and site url in a private reply to check this ta your end .
    canyasa
    Participant
    I tried to upload an image which is 37kb still having the problem. Here are the credentials; U: ipsadmin P: ipspassword
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Got the site url from another topic of yours. assuming the site url as : http://www.professional-studies.org/ checking site....
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    I was able to replicate this issue by creating an instructor account "instructor" and testing it on the test course. Strangely it happens only while logged in as instructor and not as admin. I found this error : http://prntscr.com/bhj94w The error is generated after the image is uploaded but the response indicates a browser security issue which is really strange. This issue may be connected to your web host, reference I will further try to investigate on why this issue is appearing, prima facie this does not seem to be connected to the theme.
    canyasa
    Participant
    I talked to hosting and they said it is not hosting issue. I figured out something, at the first upload I am having that error, but when I go to another page and go back to create course page I can see my uploaded image there.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes at Vibe stated, the error generates after the upload, which means once the upload is finished the server response for confirmation about the upload triggers a javascript error. We also do not have any clue about this why this is happening in your site and also none of the user have reported this issue before . I also tested this with the editor user role but with no success. Can you please test this on another server or on localhost or with another setup ? Also please try re-installing the wordpress again . refer : http://prntscr.com/bh3j58
    canyasa
    Participant
    I re-installed everything from zero. Deleted database, wordpress, all my content has gone. And still having that error :( What should I tell to the hosting (GoDaddy)? But I am pretty sure they are going to say again it is not related with them.
    canyasa
    Participant
    Any ideas?
    canyasa
    Participant
    I had to delete my contents, re-install wordpress and re-create my site 3 times, and last I tried on my local, result is same. It is definitely your theme, not hosting.
    @canyasa I can confirm this is not a hosting related issue as my client has reported this error to me yesterday and she isn't on GD. It happens after the upload and only with instructor's accounts...it's not related to image size, third party plugins or child theme, it's definitely presented in WPLMS. Since it seems only we're facing this issue would you mind sending me an email with more details to help me further debugging this? Thanks
    canyasa
    Participant
    It is the buddydrive, i didn't install on my 5th trial and it worked. Delete (not deactivate) the plugin and give it a try, I hope it works.
    canyasa
    Participant
    Ok, I have found it this time. It is not buddydrive, It is the WP Admin area access. If it is selected Administrators only, that creates an error. Change it to Instructors & Administrators only. WPLMS>Buddypress>WP Admin area access -> Instructors & Administrators only Which I don't want to instructors access to my wp admin area, how can we fix this?
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Instructor Front-end File Upload’ is closed to new replies.