Instructors show as students

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Instructors show as students

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    I  have set some instructors. But they show as students http://prntscr.com/kitra6 http://prntscr.com/kitrii http://prntscr.com/kitrpu Their dashboards are also mixed
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Please, let me know if you're using any user dependent third party plugin.
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Please share your admin credentials to replicate this issue at your end. PS: Mark reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well the user role editor does modifies the core cpabilities of the users .Please keep it deactivated and then add a new instructor and check if she shows as student or not . If above does not works then you have to install it back and then make all the user roles with default user capabilities again and then save its settings . the issue actually related to the plugin you used .Please contact the plugin author on this .a
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    You mean make them subscribers then instructors again?
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    I promoted a subscriber and I still got same issue
    Nino94
    Spectator
    Same problem
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    I can confirm this is a migration issue since in a clean demo import  it is not there. However, we have to find a way to solve it. I deleted all user third party plugins
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    I created a new user and set them as instructor. Still shows as student. I changed all of the instructors to students, they do not show at all. Their dashboards are mixed as well. All the third party plugins are disabled now
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Admin credentials are not working . Please share a valid one again.

You would need  to install user role editor plugin back and then make all the user roles with default user capabilities again and then save its settings .

The issue actually related to the plugin you used .Did you tried contacting plugin author on this ?

Please note that the issue is only replicated on your site and not any of our user's site or any of our test and demo sites .  
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    I figured it out with the hint about user rights!I made a clean install on a local wamp. I installed demo. I installed user role editor and checked user rights. I changed the migrated copy user rights to match!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok thanks for sharing that tip .Can we close this topic ?
    nmavro73
    Spectator
    Yes definitely.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Instructors show as students’ is closed to new replies.